Ivan Soldo | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Ivan Soldo

I watched Jacobs game against the Bulldogs after his interest in getting to us was made known, and liked what I saw.
But he is no replacement for Ivan Soldo.
Marking is a problem still.

Has to work hard on his game and I certainly wouldn’t count him as a certain selection in our ‘24 round 1 game.
Ryan is the one who benefits most and I would think that it is he who is the more likely selection.
Never thought Jacob was a replacement for Ivan except in the forwards. With our current stocks of a proven ruckmen down to one (Nanks) we are asking a lot of Ryan to come up with the goods next season so we still need another good ruckman as back up if nothing else. We just have to hope that Ryan has a good pre-season, bulks up and listens to Maric.

Reactions: 1 user
so have i read this correct?; the pick we received for Soldo is in the second round for the 2024 draft and is tied to Freo. So if Freo have a terrible year in 2024; then we are looking at a pick around 20-24?

Reactions: 6 users
Now that we have decimated our ruck stocks,can we look at maybe Mildura for a Mark Lee type?

Reactions: 1 users
so have i read this correct?; the pick we received for Soldo is in the second round for the 2024 draft and is tied to Freo. So if Freo have a terrible year in 2024; then we are looking at a pick around 20-24?
Correct. Plus we also got pick 41

Reactions: 1 users
Soldo also a very solid citizen too.

Very much in the Richmond Man ethos.

Tigers losing a lot of quality people from the club this year.

Even young Biggie is a good solid lad, up beat, and popular and well liked.

Ivan will help put the ball to the Port mids and will assist them no doubt.

Cheers Ivan always a Tiger hero.

Now time for Sambo to step up another level just as he did this season finished.

Tigers could be left with the arses hanging out again next season in regard to ruck stocks as happened this year.
Sambo. Couldn’t help but think of “Love thy Neighbour”. Sambo, White Honkey and many other terms of endearment that would have the political correctness police up in arms today.

Anyway Jacko will “av an arf”

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Blair Hartley saying we will look state league or delisted free anget for a ruck

But is confident Ryan kosi and miller can do job

Also mentioned Colina and Oliver brown

Ivan is a big loss in my eyes.

Whilst we received adequate compensation, with the importance of centre square clearance with the 6 6 6 rule, and hitouts to advantage in the centre being our biggest weakness in 2023, on face value we will again be poor at centre clearances in 2024.

I had high hopes for Soldo to usurp Nank in 2024, based on end of year form from Soldo and on the presumption Nank isn't Captain and therefore not an automatic selection.

Last edited:
Reactions: 10 users
Correct. Plus we also got pick 41
yep; cool with that. just more excited about our draft hand already for 2024 being our first rounder, Freos second rounder and our second rounder; all being say in the top 30ish depending on ours and Freos finishing spots.

Settles the Nank vs Soldo conversation once and for all, at least from the club's point of view. And they would know.

Good luck big Ivan, but not too much.

Oh, and great trading again RFC.

Reactions: 5 users
Liked Soldo, not a star but a good tap ruck, sad to see him go but he contributed to a flag so can't complain. Soldo was always behind Nank in our team selections so can't complain about him trying to get a first ruck gig. Good luck to him, comes across as a decent person, fills a hole for PA.

Deal looks quite reasonable. We get some picks, PA get a ruck which they need and not much else on offer.

Hope Ryan gets better this year, a few things to work on there, but he has the potential and we need to play him in the seniors.

DS

Reactions: 7 users
Think soldo’s last 6 weeks of the season or so we’re ok but certainly didn’t set the world on fire.

Last two premiership winners (Pies and cats) managed fine without a dominate tap ruckman.

Reactions: 2 users
Think soldo’s last 6 weeks of the season or so we’re ok but certainly didn’t set the world on fire.

Last two premiership winners (Pies and cats) managed fine without a dominate tap ruckman.

Come on, the Cats had Rhys Stanley, a dual premiership ruckman.

Won a flag for the Cats (2022), and won a flag for the Tigers (2020).

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 11 users
GAMES​
VOTES​
VOTES/GAME​
Nankervis, Toby
15​
27​
1.8​
Soldo, Ivan
8​
9 or less​
less than 1​
B&F results- Nank averaged nearly 2 votes per game- Soldo 1/game at most.
Part of that I am sure is due to the roles they were playing, but i reckon it shows pretty clearly how the club ranks the 2 of them.

Reactions: 4 users