Ivan Soldo | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Ivan Soldo

Ruckman always take longer to mature.
But the way this guy has step up coming from a basketball back ground is a credit to him and the coaches.

Reactions: 1 users
Three months ago some posters were lining up to pile in on Soldo.

I can't understand how we have him on our list.

Deport back to the Balkans

Soldo is not the future. He never will be.

can’t understand how the club could go into the season with Soldo as our backup ruck.

Capuano him.

How the hell is he actually on a afl list let alone getting a game?
Going in with 21 tomorrow night.

He is rubbish. Picking up players that started playing 3 days ago arent going to cut it.
Just get him out. I rather have castagna in the ruck

In fact, so long off the pace he won't be on the list next year.

I didn't bother attaching the posters names but maybe a bit of humble pie is in order.

Sometimes we need to look at what players offer not the errors they make.

Tap work was great and was very combative last night great game Ivan.

I think there's been plenty of humble pie yandb. I'm not too proud to say I didn't think Soldo would make it. He's proven many including me wrong. Soldo has been a revelation. And good on him for taking the opportunity. He's never going to be a high possesion player and there's still a lot more he can do to improve his game but I think we have to be brutally honest, there's no way we'd be in a grand final this year if it wasn't for Soldo taking the next step.

Edit: Hardwick said in his press conference that Soldo is going to play a grand final and even Hardwick is still shaking his head.

Last edited:
I think there's been plenty of humble pie yandb. I'm not too proud to say I didn't think Soldo would make it. He's proven many including me wrong. Soldo has been a revelation. And good on him for taking the opportunity. He's never going to be a high possesion player and there's still a lot more he can do to improve his game but I think we have to be brutally honest, there's no way we'd be in a grand final this year if it wasn't for Soldo taking the next step.

Edit: Hardwick said in his press conference that Soldo is going to play a grand final and even Hardwick is still shaking his head.
There has been very little humble pie just posters posting a different opinion and not admitting their insulting claims about Soldo.

There has been very little humble pie just posters posting a different opinion and not admitting their insulting claims about Soldo.

Sorry, I think you're being silly. Most posters who had reservations about Soldo, and there were many with plausible reasoning, have admitted he's surprised this year. Not sure what constitutes eating humble pie to you. Not sure what you mean by insulting claims either. None of your examples appear to represent insults but opinions on his chance of success.

Sorry, I think you're being silly. Most posters who had reservations about Soldo, and there were many with plausible reasoning, have admitted he's surprised this year. Not sure what constitutes eating humble pie to you. Not sure what you mean by insulting claims either. None of your examples appear to represent insults but opinions on his chance of success.

Yandb is possibly referring to some (or one) prolific poster(s) who only a few months ago was totally rancid with absolutely insulting views on Soldo - but who now lauds him as if he’d always been on board the Soldo bus.

Who was it who run hard into Soldo in the third quarter I think and Soldo just stood there whilst the Cat was dumped on his backside. Ivan is one big hard man and fast becoming a favoured son of ours

Reactions: 3 users
Who was it who run hard into Soldo in the third quarter I think and Soldo just stood there whilst the Cat was dumped on his backside. Ivan is one big hard man and fast becoming a favoured son of ours
'Just stood there'... I liked. Show a bit of Daddy Long Legs' arrogance in the PF last year.

Just watched the replay and it was Parfitt who ran into the gigantor.

Reactions: 3 users
We don’t need Nakas next week. Mumford is finished.
Soldo plays with Chol coming in.

Reactions: 1 user
How good was his blind handball over his back to advantage?
He’s no doofus. He’s a slow moving genius

Reactions: 1 users
Quite frankly, is the key to our 12th Premiership. If he takes advantage of Mumford's less than amazing tap ability, we should win.

Becoming a constant in our team with terrific effort and improving skills. Will smash Mumford in the air and make him cry on the ground.
Much respect to cousin Evan.