Ivan Soldo | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Ivan Soldo

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
We don’t need Nakas next week. Mumford is finished.
Soldo plays with Chol coming in.

No doubt the MC will be considering this.
Will be a tough one, though, to drop Big Nank
But the Tigers need to do what they need to do to get the best 22 on the park to take on GWS in the Big Dance.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Quite frankly, is the key to our 12th Premiership. If he takes advantage of Mumford's less than amazing tap ability, we should win.

Yeah big ivan has the capacity to humiliate mumford at the stoppages on saturday.

Actually, nank does too.

Actually, so does liam baker

Reactions: 1 user

TT33

Yellow & Black Member
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne
Yeah big ivan has the capacity to humiliate mumford at the stoppages on saturday.

Actually, nank does too.

Actually, so does liam baker

Baker would be like the little Jack Russell buzzing around Mummys knee caps, nipping his ankles & generally being an annoying little sh**t

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
That what I would like to see, sadly I don't think it's going to happen

With all respect, TED, I'd be worried if Chol was selected.
Mabior has got some talent no doubt and when he finally gets his attitude focused on being a fully competitive footy player he could be something pretty handy.
But after watching his performance in the VFL GF I'd be mightily concerned about having him run out on the G on Saturday. Mumford would rag doll him and he would just as likely go missing for substantial parts of the game.
Grand Finals aren't games where you want players shirking the contest.

Reactions: 1 users

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Just interviewed on Sport 927 .... what I like about Ivan is that he appears to be very calm.
Don't reckon he's gonna be overawed on Saturday. Think when they bring the heat, he won't back down.
Asked about getting tickets. .... got 36 cousins..... on 1side of his family!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Just interviewed on Sport 927 .... what I like about Ivan is that he appears to be very calm.
Don't reckon he's gonna be overawed on Saturday. Think when they bring the heat, he won't back down.
Asked about getting tickets. .... got 36 cousins..... on 1side of his family!

He is calm because he doesn’t give a *smile* what others think. (Nick kyrigios style).
He has been our most improved player.
His tap outs to advantage is unbelievable.

Reactions: 3 users

KnightersRevenge

Baby Knighters is 7!! WTF??
Aug 21, 2007
Ireland
Massive against the Cats. Watching the replay, rolling about on the Irish Sea, and his is a big part of why the Geelong tactic of holding and impeding Grimes didn't hurt too much. He got back much more than usual. Credit to the coaches, himself and Nank the way they worked together.

Reactions: 4 users

French Tiger

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2004
Come a long way the big fella. Who would have thought he would be playing in a grand final. Credit to him & the development coaches.

Reactions: 1 users

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
From a Cat B rookie a few years ago (5?) to dud delist at the beginning of 2019 to arguably our No 1 ruckman holding a premiership medal. Does it get any better?

Reactions: 7 users