Ivan Soldo | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Ivan Soldo

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Does he get one more chance ?

I still like 2 rucks, I often think we are too short and we're not exactly fast at the moment. In any case we seem to get beaten at Chernobyl by teams that can outmark us so I reckon we go taller at that s***hole (by the way can the AFL borrow against Chernobyl and the bank just gets the stadium?? - only problem is that it is actually a very good location, just something wrong with the stadium).

DS

Reactions: 1 user

pete and tys

Tiger Superstar
Feb 19, 2009
I too think we need 2 rucks or at the least we need a second big man who can go forward for a time and ruck in the centre decently.....ccj or Nank.
We have been too small with Higgins and Lambo and the 3 small forwards.
We need decent sized wingers a t all times to play the forward and back role . So Caddy and K Mac until something better .
These points apply against the better sides. May do ok otherwise against weaker oppo.
Gee I hope we come to play from now on.
Also agree with those who suggest rotating the younger players asap. .last year showed that works. Just one or to each game.
Back to sleep. Have had a knee op and very hard to sleep.
I too have enjoyed the PRE views more than the games to this point and have watched the last 3 years replays to the point I know what comes next. Still love it.
PS. The 2 finals wins over the cats are enough to make it worth being alive.

Reactions: 2 users

pete and tys

Tiger Superstar
Feb 19, 2009
PS... sorry this is off the Soldo thread but follows my above post.
The goal against the Cats in the prelim last year 3rd quarter. ..Short double balks, kicks long and JR jumps over 2 to knock it to Dusty who strolls in to goal to set the jitters through the Cats is as fine a goal as you will see.

• Love

Coburgtiger

Tiger Legend
May 7, 2012
I think we just need to go horses for courses with Soldo.

He has shown, more than once, that he can nullify the high quality rucks of the competition (Gawn, Grundy) in a way that Nank can't. But up against a battler like Ceglar, Nank is clever and crafty enough to turn his abilities (and even literal shortcomings) into an advantage.

I hope we do try both at some point during the year. Soldo is actually a decent option to fill a hole in defence, and has taken a few intercept marks doing so. So we can float him between there and first ruck, while Nank can float between Ruck and forward (or even winger if we want to go left field - again, literally). We don't actually know whether it will be worse in the shortened quarters or not, I think it's worth the test.

But if we're coming up against one of the undersized, or less impactful/dangerous, ruckman, and we only want to go with one ruck, Nank offers more.

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
If we play a second ruck, he needs to be able to impact when not in ruck. That's why I would prefer either Chol or Balta to partner Soldo/Nank

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
I'm a big fan of Soldo's work and much prefer him to Nank. But Little Ivvy bungled the *smile* out of that Hawthorn game and had to be dropped. His performance was career-threatening. When he finally switched on he was all flap and no flight.

Ceglar is in reasonable form. And Soldo had hitherto been involved in plans to target another ruck. Successful plans. This time Soldo was the target and it didn't work out well for us.

Soldo may have to wait for injury before he gets another run. Gotta be more competitive than he was. He played like Rory Lobb.

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
Anyone capable of doing a gif of the Soldo bear hug that earned a holding the ball free kick? I almost felt sorry for his opponent who didn't stand a chance!

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
He wins good taps
He had 12 to advantage tonight.
Pity players like Graham and Higgins are clueless when they get the advantage of a clean tap.
Lambert butchered one in the 2nd or 3qtr.
He got the cleanest tap but fumbled and then got tackled.