Ivan Soldo | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Ivan Soldo

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Worked his way into it. Great upside still. Clearly our first ruck now.

Reactions: 1 user

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Grundy destroyed him early. Soldo needs to learn not to give away frees by holding in the ruck contest.

But he got better as the game went on. Pretty good effort in the end.

Still not sure why he and Nank can’t play together. We won 3 finals last year with that combo.

Reactions: 8 users

thomas the tiger

Tiger Superstar
Apr 17, 2004
Grundy is a very good player and Soldo broke even at the least. Dim a mentioned in the post match that CCJ is also in the wings and that Nankervis is also a very good player.

Bizzbizz

Tiger Rookie
Jul 13, 2015
Got better as the game went on and has done well on Grundy twice now is our undisputed first choice ruck

Reactions: 2 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Grundy destroyed him early. Soldo needs to learn not to give away frees by holding in the ruck contest.

But he got better as the game went on. Pretty good effort in the end.

Still not sure why he and Nank can’t play together. We won 3 finals last year with that combo.

Shorter Qtrs.
Thats the only reason.
We should've beaten them at the end. We just didn't pick the right group of players prepared to run all game.

Eddie from Elwood

Tiger Matchwinner
Sep 23, 2015
Ivie is doing the right things, he going to be good for us, don't forget, he's only been playing the game for 7-8 years.

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Grundy is a very good player and Soldo broke even at the least. Dim a mentioned in the post match that CCJ is also in the wings and that Nankervis is also a very good player.

Yep, I'm thinking that Dimma is gonna talk our 25yr old, dual premiership ruckman up at every opportunity this year.. love Nank, but he'll no doubt be cranky come years end if he's not getting game time so I'd rather it be that he asks to go rather than we push him out the door.

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
Grundy was a sore boy after the game.

Wonder if we had a plan to make him hurt?

Grundy would have to be one of the most crucial players to their team in the comp. He does a heap of work and has been so durable in his career. But, if/when the injuries flow, I reckon the scum will be particularly exposed (as we saw last night when he went out of the game, so did the scum).

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
Just saw Soldo led our tackle count last night with 9. This is where he has improved, he's always in the game. His tackles are heavy too. Great stuff.

6 touches and 2 marks is where he needs to improve.

Reactions: 4 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
thought Ivan got towelled in qtr 1,

then kneed the *smile* out of grundys internal organs

then towelled him for the next 3 quarters. I gave him 3 votes. thought it was a great ruck mans game in the conditions

Reactions: 1 users

nikolasmia

Tiger Superstar
Sep 3, 2007
Thought Soldo justified the faith that the selectors put in him.

He is a brutally tough ruckman, who loves hurting the opposition

Sky is the limit with this kid who is still a baby in ruck terms

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
So many players were out of sorts, especially in relation to their skills. Hardly surprising Soldo, who came from a different sport, was also down on his skill levels.

Leave him in but let's go back to 2 rucks, get Nank in there as well.

DS

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
thought Ivan got towelled in qtr 1,

then kneed the *smile* out of grundys internal organs

then towelled him for the next 3 quarters. I gave him 3 votes. thought it was a great ruck mans game in the conditions
Grundy handed Soldo a football lesson during the first 30 minutes of the game. Thats why Collingwood were 4 goals up.

You are a generous man Ezy. 3 votes?

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Pies seem to be more creative around the stoppages. When Grundy won a tap the Pies normally cleared it. Ivan's done enough now that we need to be more creative around the stoppages knowing it's more than likely Ivan will be able to get it down to where it's expected.