Ivan Soldo | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Ivan Soldo

Disco

Tiger Champion
Dec 4, 2004
Melbourne
Tony Liberatore bounced back from an ACL. (Twice.) Other than him I can't think of another that hasn't taken two years for the player to refind form.

So I hope that in another year Soldo can get back to where he was.

ACL = 2 years

If things go reasonably well.
Didn’t Richo do his in 95’ and then dominate 96?
Thought he kicked 90 odd goals.

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Didn’t Richo do his in 95’ and then dominate 96?
Thought he kicked 90 odd goals.
I was going to say Richo. 96 was his best goal kicking year too, it was just over 90. I think he kicked 6 against the Bombers in Rd 1 that year. The big fella had extraordinary recuperative powers.

Reactions: 1 user

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
We really miss Soldo..we REALLY miss Soldo & Nankervis.
Blame that fat prick at Geelong.
That couldnt jump off the ground so he pushed a player into Soldo.
and Soldo knows it too.
He told me 3 months ago, the knee was still giving him issues.
Fingers crossed he can complete a full preseason because we need him ready for round 1 2022.

Reactions: 2 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Was in 3121 yesterday & said he's started running this week.
Poor lug has had 2 more surgery procedures after the reco after setbacks.
Said hopefully he's turned the corner..

Reactions: 4 users

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
With the reported set backs Ivan has had in recent months I am a little concerned that we are putting too much faith in him returning to the game from the start of the season or he will be as good as new. He is a big man so the injury is taking a lot of healing but we have to hope he comes back and we don't have to rely on substandard ruck support next year

Reactions: 1 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Me too though it's going to be a big ask. Bloody bad knee injury.
Yep car crash type of knee injury.

ACL Rupture along with a Medial tear was a bad one.

Even worse when you are 100+ kg and 2 metres tall.

Another serious injury caused by Shove Hawkins but nothing to see here.

TigerPort

Tiger Champion
Jun 29, 2006
NSW
With the reported set backs Ivan has had in recent months I am a little concerned that we are putting too much faith in him returning to the game from the start of the season or he will be as good as new. He is a big man so the injury is taking a lot of healing but we have to hope he comes back and we don't have to rely on substandard ruck support next year

Most players returning from a major knee injury take a further 12 months to get back to full health and confidence. I won't be expecting too much from Eevarn in 2022

Reactions: 2 users

BT Tiger

Staff member
Jun 5, 2005
Warragul

3 more years for Soldo. We must be confident in his knee if that's the case. Good news!

Reactions: 8 users

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004

3 more years for Soldo. We must be confident in his knee if that's the case. Good news!

That's a glowing endorsement of his internal value and also a vote of confidence in the knee. I'd say we got a good number to get it done for three years.

Reactions: 6 users

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014

Looks like we have reinvested the salary savings on CCJ and Mabs. But if he still isn't ready or either he or Nank go down again, the reserves are the very young Ryan, followed by Balta and Miller. Hardly filling me with vim and confidence.
As for support for the ageing/struggling Jack and Tom show, it's Caddy and Dusty who's badly needed in the midfield too.

Oh well. Great while it lasted.