Ivan Soldo | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • If you are having trouble logging in to the forum please contact [email protected] // When reseting your password or awaiting confirmation please check that your email is correct and also your junk/spam emails.
  • IMPORTANT! Our inbox is full of email errors from members who have not updated their emails, please follow the instructions on how to update here
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Ivan Soldo

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
Has Ivan and Richmond launched legal proceedings against Tomohawk yet? A shock if not.
Hawkins didn't set out to destroy Ivan's knee, he went out to stop Balta with an illegal push in the back and unfortunately it had the consequence of a serious but accidental clash of knees all in the wrong place between Balta and Ivan. As much as I am spitting feathers about it I just don't see there is a case to answer - unfortunately. However in my mind I will always blame Hawkins for his actions that caused the injury and wonder if the umpires will ever be man enough to step up and sanction Hawkins for his dangerous play

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 5 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Hawkins didn't set out to destroy Ivan's knee, he went out to stop Balta with an illegal push in the back and unfortunately it had the consequence of a serious but accidental clash of knees all in the wrong place between Balta and Ivan. As much as I am spitting feathers about it I just don't see there is a case to answer - unfortunately. However in my mind I will always blame Hawkins for his actions that caused the injury and wonder if the umpires will ever be man enough to step up and sanction Hawkins for his dangerous play

yeah a legal case was never going to happen.

T-Shirt Tommy

Kim Jong Gil
Apr 11, 2011
Just as Tom Hawkins won us a flag when he got suspended before the prelim last year, he might have just cost us the flag this year with his push on Soldo.

Massive, massive loss.

Reactions: 5 users

St Kevin

Vlastuin 3:16
Apr 1, 2014
A few naysayers are now seeing this bloke's value. Streets ahead of Nankervis.

Reactions: 1 user

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
Tough to go through a finals series without our #1 ruck. (Still not convinced?)

Two years before he can resume his path.

Speedy recovery and best wishes, Little Ivvy

Reactions: 3 users

daniel30

Tiger Matchwinner
Jun 14, 2010
Just as Tom Hawkins won us a flag when he got suspended before the prelim last year, he might have just cost us the flag this year with his push on Soldo.

Massive, massive loss.

People may laugh he could be difference so underated.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
I reckon we should try the first knee transplant between mabior and ivan.

Might look a bit funny, but it would be function over form

Reactions: 2 users

kiwitiger

Go the AllBlacks, the Storm , and the Tigers.
Jul 28, 2004
Losing Soldo has caused the greatest impact of all. Massive disruption to structure. Nank looked well undersized last night with zero support.

I tend to agree , his loss is underrated imo ,

I wouldn’t be bothered arguing it with a Brisbane supporter but can safely say it here ,

With him and lynch in together we become significantly stronger in the air and I honestly think we win that game last night .

Reactions: 6 users

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
Need to find a ruckman in the off season to replace this man next year.
I am sure many of the posters here know of an available ruck journeymen of the Bellchambers type looking for a 1 year contract whilst we wait for Soldo to heal. We can't just rely on Nanks and maybe CCJ assuming he is not moved on. We know that the unpredictable Chol is not the man to fill the job so a ruckman is an urgent need

Dont Argue

Tiger Superstar
Jun 26, 2018
I tend to agree , his loss is underrated imo ,

I wouldn’t be bothered arguing it with a Brisbane supporter but can safely say it here ,

With him and lynch in together we become significantly stronger in the air and I honestly think we win that game last night .

Replace Chol with Caddy and we would have won last night

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Broad in as 2nd ruck. Just need someone to contest and stop the opposition ruckman grabbing the ball but forcing a tap. Back our midfield to hunt the oppos tap.

thegdog

Tiger Superstar
Sep 28, 2009
I have a left field recruit suggestion. Josh Jenkins. Not getting a game at the cats, would be cheap. Yes has flaws but can adequately ruck, kick goals and is very capable

Disco

Tiger Champion
Dec 4, 2004
Melbourne
I have a left field recruit suggestion. Josh Jenkins. Not getting a game at the cats, would be cheap. Yes has flaws but can adequately ruck, kick goals and is very capable
The answer lies in your question.
Cant get a game with Geelong who are crying out for ruck support.