Jack Riewoldt [Merged] | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jack Riewoldt [Merged]

Has anyone checked in to see how Malthouse is? The big egg on his face might just suffocate him.

Reactions: 1 users
Outstanding game by Jack threw himself at everything really stepped up after Lynch went off

Somewhere, deep down, Jack doesn’t like being second banana. Somewhere else, even deeper down, Jack’s a bit pleased he gets to rule the roost again.

Reactions: 5 users
Probably the best possible game he has in him. His physical shortcomings are so evident yet he continues to make a valuable contribution.
The pack mark is back. On song no one better.
I don't think he cam touch his toes these days...he has always loved the little soccer kick but it's the first option when ball is at his feet....so kick it hard and high to him.

Somewhere, deep down, Jack doesn’t like being second banana. Somewhere else, even deeper down, Jack’s a bit pleased he gets to rule the roost again.

Was thinking the same thing on last night's effort. After Lynch left the ground he started to shine once again.

I'm sure he loves being the nominated FF.

Reactions: 1 user
Dimma mentioned that he had knee issues earlier this year. That would explain his inability to jump back then.

I thought he was done, relieved his early poor form was injury related.

His record in big games going back a while now is rather impressive. Always turns up when it matters most. He’s getting close to the end but looks like he’s got a few good games left in him yet.

It was indicative of our reactive and sensationalist footy landscape that many people here were saying Jack's finished at the start of this year.

He is certainly past his athletic prime, but a champion, strong willed winner with elite footy iq will be a valuable contributor for a while yet.

Essentially, for as long as he wants to be.

His record in big games going back a while now is rather impressive. Always turns up when it matters most. He’s getting close to the end but looks like he’s got a few good games left in him yet.
Did he kick the goal? When we needed it? Four times?

Jack 4.0
Rest of Richmond 3.15 (which was still enough to beat Geelong)

If his post match comments were anything to judge by, he reckons he’s got at least another season in him. There’s a few blokes in this side I want to see reach the 300 game milestone, and he’s definitely one of them.

Dimma mentioned that he had knee issues earlier this year. That would explain his inability to jump back then.

I thought he was done, relieved his early poor form was injury related.

He wasn’t moving well, that explains it

He is back. Slow start to the restart but his last 5-6 weeks have been very good.

300 games back on the agenda now as well as a result.

Just listened to Jack on AW being asked about his mate Goddard calling Dylan Grimes a serial stager. .... handled it well, called it a pile on and said he's the toughest bloke at the ball you'll ever see.
He's become very good at diplomacy has Jack...

Hope he got off the call, rang pretzels and gave him a bake!

Reactions: 3 users
How good was that kick by Jack to Chol's advantage just before the goal?
I bet he wishes he could kick it to himself. Always been a brilliant field kick.
Gun full forwards are often brilliant field kicks when the rare occasion arises.

Jack had a tough outing last night, great that he kicked 2.2 from 5 kicks.

IMO he was significantly compromised with Lynch not being in the team which enabled the Lion's defence to readily double team him and he was starved of extra opportunities. His leadership attributes cannot be denied and he is vital to the team structure, but I feel he has certainly lost speed, generally and especially on the lead and even his ability to jump appears to be stymied. Maybe I am off the mark here, but Jack certainly has not been a force to be reckoned with in season 2020.