Jack Riewoldt [Merged] | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jack Riewoldt [Merged]

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Heavy strapping on his knee.
Looked hampered.
But still puts in 110%.
Shouldve kicked the last goal

Reactions: 1 users

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
Clearly not the player he once was but far from done.

Working so hard for the team atm. Come finals time, and if we get Prestia and Edwards back (big if), I can see him being the third option up forward behind Lynch and Martin.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
I think Dimma should be censured for his veiled criticism of Jacks left foot arrogance.

You cant say 'be childlike, have fun, play to your strengths'

And can a bloke who tries to rub a bit of salt into the vanquished challengers wounds when the game is dusted.

On reflection, i loved it. Wished he hadda kicked it, but i loved it.

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
I think Dimma should be censured for his veiled criticism of Jacks left foot arrogance.

And can a bloke who tries to rub a bit of salt into the vanquished challengers wounds when the game is dusted.

Really disagree. Dimma's message is to 'Go for it! Give it your best shot; show us what your best football is. Don't be restrained by anxiety, under-confidence or fear. We selected you because we have faith in your abilities; give us all you've got.'

How was that playing to JR's strengths? He couldn't manage a 15/20m drop-punt shot on a slight angle? What if it was a close game or we need the % later?

I rebutted TBR another time about Jack not being the greatest bloke. Now I wonder. It spoilt the game just a little at the death for me. I also felt he cost us a couple of goals from being too slow to get the ball going our way. But if he curtailed McGovern, that's an invaluable team job.

But with this act, he also gave the Weagles some useful ammo to store up for us if we have to play them again. I detest arrogance in most contexts.

See Dimma's very final words in his presser.

Last edited:

Quickdraw

End of the drought
Jun 8, 2013
I think Dimma was fairly relaxed about it but if it had been a close game and Jack missed a shot like that he'd explode.

I think Jack might be a little embarrassed by it.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
I didn't like his last shot at goal........ who does he think he is, Dusty.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Excellent game from Jack, made McGovern sweat chasing him around the park and draw him away from Lynch and intercept marking. McGovern didn't get a single intercept mark all game. Jack has a bit of flair, bit of a showman, but under all that he's very team orientated.

Coming up against the Weagles again will be interesting - we had more to lose, and we won. They had a few out too and losing Kennedy early was big. They'll back themselves to beat us next time, let's see how they go during this Queensldand stint.

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
The spring is back. Expect a big finals series from Jack. He will be up and about especially with his family now up in QLD.

123cups

Tiger Champion
May 1, 2016

Dimma hasn’t sounded like himself lately. Looks tense and doesn’t seem to be embracing the imperfections like usual.

E.g. Caddy makes a mistake, gets called “dumb” and is dropped. A journo says Lynch is too aggressive, Dimma makes it personal. This.

I guess a combination of the hubs, a condensed fixture, and the “we need to win every game just to make the top 4” mentality he’s zoned in on.

Hopefully they rediscover the fun over the bye.

Lately they seem to be playing not to lose, which offers no reward until the big sigh of relief if we do make it to the end of the season without a loss.

Jack is someone who can get everyone up and about.

Reactions: 2 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Dimma hasn’t sounded like himself lately. Looks tense and doesn’t seem to be embracing the imperfections like usual.

E.g. Caddy makes a mistake, gets called “dumb” and is dropped. A journo says Lynch is too aggressive, Dimma makes it personal. This.

I guess a combination of the hubs, a condensed fixture, and the “we need to win every game just to make the top 4” mentality he’s zoned in on.

Lately they seem to be playing not to lose, which offers no reward until the big sigh of relief if we do make it to the end of the season without a loss.

Feeling the absence of Mrs Hardwick perhaps.

Emma Murray's there now. She'll get him centred.

Reactions: 4 users

kiwitiger

Go the AllBlacks, the Storm , and the Tigers.
Jul 28, 2004

Be interesting if Chris Scott fires a few verbal shots at us,

And to see if dimma brushes them off as per usual ,usually its a water of a ducks back attitude with a smile ,

or does he fire back this time