Jack Riewoldt [Merged] | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jack Riewoldt [Merged]

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Riewodlt still plays, i can't see who is better on our list.
People are slapping themselves over Cj, he has kicked goals against C Grade reserves sides.
How many did he kick against Melbourne & Werribee

Reactions: 1 user

btoz_01

Tiger Legend
Apr 5, 2004
JR should play on for one more year
Theres a few others that the game has passed them & need to hang up the boots before JR (Houli, Caddy, DTLD)

No 4

I did what I did for the Tigers - Bridget
Feb 11, 2005
nunawading/mitcham
After watching the replay , I was really liking his hands and movement in the first quarter, forget the fact he kicked 3 goals , just looked good after that he got a bath from a solid backman who he would have had kicked 6 on 2 years ago. Hate been critical of a genuine Richmond star , however I think his time up is coming quickly, clubs leave Jack one out and just focus on Lynch now , that dosent mean I don’t think he still has a role this year, especially with him kicking very well for goal , but the fact is going forward we must find another key forward, this is why we need to really have a look at CJ with Lynch as this could solve the problem quickly and allow us to develop a draftee from this years crop.

I know I’m on my own here , however I’d play Jack back in his original HFF role ;) Seriously let him play up the ground a lot more and allow Lynch and CJ to work together deep.
Some merit there. I said this plenty of times, Jack one on one is a dangerous player. Smart and can out position the opponent. You are right, Lynch can have two against him and another front and back waiting for the crumbs. I loved Lynch's games against the dogs.

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia
Riewodlt still plays, i can't see who is better on our list.
People are slapping themselves over Cj, he has kicked goals against C Grade reserves sides.
How many did he kick against Melbourne & Werribee

This nails it IMHO

Unless we can get a ready replacement mobile KPF, we keep Jack.

Jack can still play at this level, but he has set a high bar so when he doesn't get to it people just write him off.

How about we judge him when we have a best midfield back on the park.

We are missing 5 of our best 6 mids FFS.

Reactions: 1 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
This nails it IMHO

Unless we can get a ready replacement mobile KPF, we keep Jack.

Jack can still play at this level, but he has set a high bar so when he doesn't get to it people just write him off.

How about we judge him when we have a best midfield back on the park.

We are missing 5 of our best 6 mids FFS.
Yep.
So many times people crack the *smile* over Jaaack not dancing on heads n getting his bags of goals or his lack of running speed n they start calling for the farewell parade. He's still one of the smartest footballers out there playing the game n his bustling body positioning, grubber toe pokes n delicate tap ons still so often result in us getting a clean possession and chance at goal that we'd be mad to push him out before stumps.

• Love

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
Jack is a beauty.
He's carried a huge load for a long time now.
He's no longer a genuine tall, so to speak, even though he's still trying to fly for the screamers.
It would be good to get another tall into the forward line and let Jack off the leash as he struts between the two arcs.
Such a smart footballer. Take some of the pressure off him, give him some space and he will continue to be a creative player.

Reactions: 2 users

stripes17

Tiger Superstar
Mar 9, 2004
Victoria
Jack is a beauty.
He's carried a huge load for a long time now.
He's no longer a genuine tall, so to speak, even though he's still trying to fly for the screamers.
It would be good to get another tall into the forward line and let Jack off the leash as he struts between the two arcs.
Such a smart footballer. Take some of the pressure off him, give him some space and he will continue to be a creative player.
Also he is a reliable set shot for goal unlike some of our other forwards who can’t hit the side of a barn from 20m out directly in front

houstontiger

Tiger Rookie
May 26, 2014
Jack is our best field kick. His kicking to advantage today has been brilliant. Can he play up the ground and allow CCJ and Lynch to play as key forwards? Endurance to play on a wing? Can he do a Richo (who moved up the ground for him)?

Reactions: 3 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Jack was humble when asked but I reckon his mark looks more dangerous than Cuz Nick.

Reactions: 1 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Man. What a champion.

Two proper bigs - Jack's been lying about his height for 15 years - and he can get up the ground, lose the mug on him in traffic, lead into holes without two hanging off him and set up his mates.

And when Adelaide were starting to think, "we can pinch this", went, "Nah. Don't think so."

All-time great, not just of the club but of the game.

Reactions: 14 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Jack is our best field kick. His kicking to advantage today has been brilliant. Can he play up the ground and allow CCJ and Lynch to play as key forwards? Endurance to play on a wing? Can he do a Richo (who moved up the ground for him)?
Yes. We have to re-adjust this team to win the next flag.

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
Champion. Put the team on his back in the last and willed us over the line. What a mark.

Reactions: 2 users

tha8ball

Tiger Legend
Jan 6, 2005
Oh East Melbourne!

I think it’s a big chance. The way the game is being played in 2021 the opportunity to play three genuine key fwds is there.

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Man. What a champion.

Two proper bigs - Jack's been lying about his height for 15 years - and he can get up the ground, lose the mug on him in traffic, lead into holes without two hanging off him and set up his mates.

And when Adelaide were starting to think, "we can pinch this", went, "Nah. Don't think so."

All-time great, not just of the club but of the game.
Played the ‘Richo’ role ala 2008.

Up the ground using his smarts but completely outsmarting the opposition.