Jack Riewoldt [Merged] | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jack Riewoldt [Merged]

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
A number of guys look cooked but we actually need them to go around again next year whilst we get replenishments good enough and experienced enough to take us forward the next 10 years or so. The blokes we wanna be dicing are the ones we've had for a few years and have made little to no impact despite lots of chances eg Chol, Naish etc.

Reactions: 2 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
I wonder if the extensions of the older players is in part due to the soft cap. Get them to act as coach/players to help bring the younger kids along.

Reactions: 3 users

Wildride

Tiger Superstar
Sep 6, 2006
Brisbane
I wonder if the extensions of the older players is in part due to the soft cap. Get them to act as coach/players to help bring the younger kids along.
Absolutely, I think it's a good idea to get around the soft cap. Port Adelaide picked up Tyson Goldsack as a rookie for this reason - for all intents and purposes he's a coach, but being paid out of the players' salary cap, not the coaching one.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Absolutely, I think it's a good idea to get around the soft cap. Port Adelaide picked up Tyson Goldsack as a rookie for this reason - for all intents and purposes he's a coach, but being paid out of the players' salary cap, not the coaching one.

The AFL will close that loophole if they see us getting any benefit from it :cool:

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
This game reminded me of his last quarter against the Eagles. Seldom fired a shot. I think he can still be a valuable contributor, but he needs to be a third tall from now on.
His last quarter against the eagles arguably cost us that game. He got outmarked 3 times by Barass IIRC in that last quarter? All he needed to do was halve contests and we win. Who knows where we would be if we won that. Moot really if we haven't got our best side in.

And, Maynard was arguably the Pies best yesterday. Playing on Jack. If that doesn't tell you where he is at you aint watching. Maynard is a very good footballer but he embarrassed Jack at times.

How many marks did he drop when getting first hands on? He dropped 2 chest marks. His marking is now a weakness. He almost looks to tap first rather than mark. He does it pretty well but is that what we want from a key forward? He's gone from rarely losing contests to often being beaten in one on ones. To guys he would never lose a contest to.

I don't want to see him arguing with umps, opposition players and indulging his ego for the next 30 odd games. A legend of the club and game. The smartest tigers player I've seen.

If you could guarantee we could get our best 22 on the park next year 80-90% of the time we would be a premiership chance. And Jack would likely be a better option in that case than CCJ. But its doubtful to think we could get 20 odd games out of each of our 29+ brigade.

Do we load up for one more tilt? Big decisions need to be made in the next few months.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Good to see you finally seeing the light. It’s taken you long enough but welcome aboard.

Thanks Ridders :cool:

I switched to the darkside a few weeks back so may as well extend that out to the AFL hates us ideology as well.

• Haha

theglove3

Tiger Champion
Jun 3, 2003
Congrats, Jackmond! :clap2
300 Games.
Ultimate Richmond Man.
So sad you will reach the milestone in front of near empty stands and your most senior team mates sitting in the players box.
Love your work, Legend!

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Congrats, Jackmond! :clap2
300 Games.
Ultimate Richmond Man.
So sad you will reach the milestone in front of near empty stands and your most senior team mates sitting in the players box.
Love your work, Legend!

I'll be there to cheer him on, even if the Lions are going to hand our arse to us

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Great promo narrated by Jono Brown on OTC for Jack this week. Nearly brought the 2017 GF tears back.

Well done Jackmond. 300 games legend.

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
Phenomenal achievement, 300 games in itself is hisotorical milestone, strangely tough to reach for someone from Punt Rd. Puts him in company of all time legends who will still be revered at the end of our second century. And three flags, three Colemans, two Dyers, three AAs, 700 goals lets him sit very comfortably with them.
Never been a vanilla footballer, always worth watching, highlights galore.
(Is there another Tasmanin KPF down there?)

Reactions: 1 users

Legends of 2017

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 24, 2005
Melbourne
Congratulations Jack. Well deserved and a legend of the club.
Flicked on the tv and 360 was on. Was about to flick it and saw it was Jack on it so I ended up watching. Was the longest I’ve watched the show in years. They had his old man and cousin Nick on it. I laughed when Nick said something like, paraphrasing him here, “ I had a checklist that I’d tick off, 700 goals, got him there, tick, 300 games, tick. All I had left over him was the mark and he bloody goes and takes that off me too” :rotfl2

• Haha

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Phenomenal achievement, 300 games in itself is hisotorical milestone, strangely tough to reach for someone from Punt Rd. Puts him in company of all time legends who will still be revered at the end of our second century. And three flags, three Colemans, two Dyers, three AAs, 700 goals lets him sit very comfortably with them.
Never been a vanilla footballer, always worth watching, highlights galore.
(Is there another Tasmanin KPF down there?)
Hard to believe we only have 3 players passing 300 games. Hopefully Shedda should get there by late next season and Dusty needs 2 more seasons but I doubt Chimp will make it.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Congratulations Jack. Well deserved and a legend of the club.
Flicked on the tv and 360 was on. Was about to flick it and saw it was Jack on it so I ended up watching. Was the longest I’ve watched the show in years. They had his old man and cousin Nick on it. I laughed when Nick said something like, paraphrasing him here, “ I had a checklist that I’d tick off, 700 goals, got him there, tick, 300 games, tick. All I had left over him was the mark and he bloody goes and takes that off me too” :rotfl2
Yeah that was funny.

Punt n Brunton

Tiger Purist
Sep 17, 2003
Illustrious company in the 300 club with Bartlett, Bourke and Dyer. Well deserved Jack, an amazing career, and regardless of how we perform this week, it should be celebrated for the incredible journey, individual brilliance, and team success along the way.

Legends of 2017

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 24, 2005
Melbourne
If anyone is interested in unusual stats, he will be in rare company. Apart from being only the fourth Richmond player to get to the 300 game milestone, by my dodgy research, he’ll be in rarer company being one of only 3 players to have played 300 games, played in multiple premierships and won multiple Coleman Medals. The other 2 being Gordon Coventry ( Leading Goalkicker Medallist) and Buddy Franklin.

Reactions: 7 users

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
Legend. My favourite player alongside Dusty to watch when he's on. For many years plenty trudged along to the G to watch when we were terrible because Jack would kick a bag and entertain the crowd in the vein of Ricky. To see Jack's progression from showman to team man has been a highlight of this run since 2017.

Pup, you're a Tiger immortal. Hopefully the boys can get a win for your 300th.

Reactions: 5 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Yep, along with Richo probably my favourite-ever player. Hope we get a win for him. From Dimma's presser sounds like Shedda, Nank, Dion and Lambo are all desperate to get up for the game.

Great tributes from Ted Richards, Daniel Talia and Lachie Henderson on the RFC site.

Shame Egghead Mincey can't count to three.

theglove3

Tiger Champion
Jun 3, 2003
From Dimma's presser sounds like Shedda, Nank, Dion and Lambo are all desperate to get up for the game.
Geepers, sounds like our Grand Final.

Hopefully they don't all sign a Sherrin before the match.
Shocking flashbacks.
Cheerio, The Plough!

I hope they ain't trying to win for Jackmond at the expense of a Finals tilt with nearly fit players.

(As good as a win would be for the great Jack of course!)

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Geepers, sounds like our Grand Final.

Hopefully they don't all sign a Sherrin before the match.
Shocking flashbacks.
Cheerio, The Plough!

I hope they ain't trying to win for Jackmond at the expense of a Finals tilt with nearly fit players.

(As good as a win would be for the great Jack of course!)
If we lose finals are kaput, g-love.