Jack Riewoldt [Merged] | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jack Riewoldt [Merged]

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
Gee he looked old last night.

Reminded me of my 44 year old self running around an oval these days. Not pretty!

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
We find some transitional mids who hit targets & he may have a year or two left. That said it might not be at Richmond though.
Jack is borderline finished. There is zero chance if another club picking him up. If they are challenging, they don't need him.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Jack is borderline finished. There is zero chance if another club picking him up. If they are challenging, they don't need him.
I think you'd be surprised. A club like Gold Coast could definitely use a player of Jack's experience.
I want Jack to finish a Tiger but I don't want to see him peter out & lose a guy like CJ in the process cause we're paying him 500k.

Reactions: 1 user

TimeToRoar

Tiger Superstar
Apr 13, 2014
Jack is the least of our worries. Just watch the games and see him get so frustrated with the delivery into him. He leads (Lynch are you listening) and yet the ball comes in at his toes, over his head, popped up so he has to stop and prop and reach back. It is just demoralising. He works his arse off to get into position and then gets hung out to dry with crap delivery. When he roams up the ground and delivers into forward 50 to a team mates chest on a lead you can almost here him thinking that's how you *smile* don't it guys. Look at the delivery last night. My god, Cotchin, Graham, Rioli, Prestia delivery to leads or advantage was abysmal. The guy can be a 50 plus goal kicker for us for a few more years if he only had a clone of himself kicking it to himself.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Yeh, a lot of average games from Jack this year, lost his leap and with him and Lynch we have 2 guys that are poor defensively. He doesn't get any favours from the umps and doubt that will change. He has a contract for next year I reckon that will see him out.

I'm of a mind that we go round again with the same crew and have a crack at one more. Astbury would be the only one I'd be happy to see retired. I'd almost be inclined to give Bachar one more year.

• Wow

123cups

Tiger Champion
May 1, 2016
While Trent is the same player whether we’re 10 points up or 10 goals down, Jack’s passionate disposition makes him a guy who plays better when the big moments are right in front of him.

He steps up in every big moment, every Grand Final, and recently in his 300th game. He’s well and truly made the big moments part of his character, even as a teenager when he attempted that 70m shot on goal after the siren against St Kilda.

So yeah, in a perfect world he would be emotionally immune to the realisation that he won’t be playing finals this year, but that’s Jack; he isn’t perfect. I don’t think he plays his best when he’s overcome by disappointment.

I could be wrong, but that’s how his game looked to me.

Last edited:

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
While Trent is the same player whether we’re 10 points up or 10 goals down, Jack’s passionate disposition makes him a guy who plays better when the big moments are right in front of him.

He steps up in every big moment, every Grand Final, and recently in his 300th game. He’s well and truly made the big moments part of his character, even as a teenager when he attempted that 70m shot on goal after the siren against St Kilda.

So yeah, in a perfect world he would be emotionally immune to the realisation that he won’t be playing finals this year, but that’s Jack; he isn’t perfect. I don’t think he plays his best when he’s overcome by disappointment.

I could be wrong, but that’s how his game looked to me.
Think that's generous for an emotional display by a vice captain. At times he looked petulant and not setting the standard.
But yeah he is human and there is another match next week.

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
How do you know that? our cap is tight & we have a player looking for opportunities (unsigned) in the forward line who's played 7 games this season.
I obviously hope we retain both but I don't think you can make statements like that definitively.
I don’t think Jacks extra year is affecting cap space to retain CCJ. Jack wouldn’t be on massive coin. Yes CCJ will be looking for more playing time but it’s clear that his role is that second ruck / forward. His main threat is Chol not Jack.

bairdy380

Beer friend me good...
Dec 9, 2004
For such a smart player, I can not fathom why we consistently see him and Lynch in the same contests... one is clearly in the others patch... and I generally get the feeling it’s JR struggling to break his see ball get ball main man forward habits

Reactions: 2 users