Jack Riewoldt [Merged] | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jack Riewoldt [Merged]

For such a smart player, I can not fathom why we consistently see him and Lynch in the same contests... one is clearly in the others patch... and I generally get the feeling it’s JR struggling to break his see ball get ball main man forward habits
They've more than worked well together the last few years. Perhaps this year it might have something to do with Lynch carrying injury, being terribly out of form, playing from behind or being unable to take many marks. Could even be all of the above combined.
Been terrible ball delivery from our mids to forwards all year yet our crafty old pensioner forward has had twice the season or young bull super star forward has had.

I think Jack and Bachar could be making a huge mistake in wanting to go on for another year.

Bachar has said that he understands he may have to play VFL footy at stages throughout the year and I wonder if Jack is willing to do the same. I'm not sure Jacks ego could stand the indignity of being dropped.

It would be a shame to see two great tiger players end their careers playing VFL footy but if they go around again then its a distinct possibility.

Better to go out half a season early than half a season too late.

Reactions: 1 user
Understand where you’re coming from, but I think it’ll be very valuable to have essentially two (playing) assistant coaches out there, in either the AFL or VFL, getting around the soft cap.

Reactions: 1 users
Understand where you’re coming from, but I think it’ll be very valuable to have essentially two (playing) assistant coaches out there, in either the AFL or VFL, getting around the soft cap.
That's a clever way of getting around the soft cap but do you really believe Jack would be willing to play VFL? He doesn't strike me as the type that would embrace that.

Jack needs to be extremely confident that his body will hold up for one more year and that he will be able to hold his place on merit not sentiment. Tough decision and one that the player is sometimes the worst judge of.

Bachar's body is letting him down only playing 13 and 12 games over the past two seasons but I could see him being prepared to help coach/develop the kids coming through. I suppose it depends on how valuable a mentor the club sees him and if they are prepared to sacrifice a spot on the list to make it happen.

That's a clever way of getting around the soft cap but do you really believe Jack would be willing to play VFL? He doesn't strike me as the type that would embrace that.

Jack needs to be extremely confident that his body will hold up for one more year and that he will be able to hold his place on merit not sentiment. Tough decision and one that the player is sometimes the worst judge of.

Bachar's body is letting him down only playing 13 and 12 games over the past two seasons but I could see him being prepared to help coach/develop the kids coming through. I suppose it depends on how valuable a mentor the club sees him and if they are prepared to sacrifice a spot on the list to make it happen.
I think Jack of 5 years ago wouldn’t, but I think the Jack of now would.

I reckon Jack would be able to hold his place for the year, Houli not so sure as his body lets him down and that impacts on his form.

DS

We need a forward coach that is able to set up Jack and Tom to play the game to their individual strengths whilst play together and not allow them to wander around the 50 almost holding hands.

Hasn't Jack renewed for a base contract in 2022?

He has. And he's played very well this year. Is he the same player as in his pomp? Of course not. But as shown this season, when he gets the second or third best defender he's still very dangerous. No way he should hang the boots up.

Reactions: 6 users
He has. And he's played very well this year. Is he the same player as in his pomp? Of course not. But as shown this season, when he gets the second or third best defender he's still very dangerous. No way he should hang the boots up.
Yep.
Played every game this year, in the top few players for the Coleman n his overall stats for the year are solid.
Been a nightmare year for the club n the connection from the mids to forwards has been abysmal, yet Jaaacks had a very solid year. Why the hell wouldn't he go around for another season, and expect to be in the seniors each week?

Is it better to have the $ in the soft cap or the salary cap?
Seems to me I'd rather have more flexibility in the salary cap to go spend on a free agent

Baker nearly broke jacks neck a couple of weeks ago, with a under 12's 15 metre soft pass that Jack had to dive for.
We start getting rid of Riewoldt now, we will be waiting another 37 years.
Riewoldt is a on ground teacher, coach and mentor.
Does Cha mpion Data run stats on teaching acts, mentoring and on ground coaching ?

Jack is the least of our worries. Just watch the games and see him get so frustrated with the delivery into him. He leads (Lynch are you listening) and yet the ball comes in at his toes, over his head, popped up so he has to stop and prop and reach back. It is just demoralising. He works his arse off to get into position and then gets hung out to dry with crap delivery. When he roams up the ground and delivers into forward 50 to a team mates chest on a lead you can almost here him thinking that's how you *smile* don't it guys. Look at the delivery last night. My god, Cotchin, Graham, Rioli, Prestia delivery to leads or advantage was abysmal. The guy can be a 50 plus goal kicker for us for a few more years if he only had a clone of himself kicking it to himself.
Another least of our worries comment. . Can be found on every player thread, every recruiting / delisting page. Life's good at Tigerland.

Who / what is our largest worry?

Another least of our worries comment. . Can be found on every player thread, every recruiting / delisting page. Life's good at Tigerland.

Who / what is our largest worry?

The coaches, which we can do something about.

Aging players, which we can't .

I just read Jack does Friday mornings on SEN Hobart with Tim Paine. That’s surely gotta be better than Karen Cornes!