Jack Riewoldt [Merged] | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jack Riewoldt [Merged]

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
1 goal plus 2 totally gettables and FIVE goal assists. Jack is not what he used to be but I think his value is underestimated. He takes a quality backman and where possible ensures his man cannot come over the top and spoil Lynch.

Just an amazing player over his career.

Reactions: 4 users

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
Hopefully just a tune up before September.

Opportunity cost when he is quiet is significant. Cannot chase or apply pressure (yes, there was one rundown).

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
his kick to KMac ... you don't see much better ...

then Kmac goals ..

Reactions: 1 user

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
1 goal plus 2 totally gettables and FIVE goal assists. Jack is not what he used to be but I think his value is underestimated. He takes a quality backman and where possible ensures his man cannot come over the top and spoil Lynch.

Just an amazing player over his career.
I've been critical of some of his play this year but hius recent form is pretty bloody good. His effort/work rate has been amazing. Helps that we now have more weapons and he isn't being double/triple teamed. But his effort is undeniable. And his deft taps, nudges, flicks, kick ons are still the best in the game.

The only annoying thing are the obvious/silly frees he gives away but he's not on his own there.

I wanted him to retire at years end but I have moved to the play on camp.

Reactions: 2 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Whenever we get a free kick Jack thinks it's his, twice the umpire had to tell him it's not yours. Ten out of ten for trying, ya got to love Jack.

btoz_01

Tiger Legend
Apr 5, 2004
IMO has played well enough to get another year if he wants to go around again

Reactions: 3 users

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Continues to kick clutch goals in big games. He needs to play next year.

Reactions: 9 users

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Jack is one of the very few who deserves the right to make his own call on next year, Im not convinced the cubs are going to be quite good enough yet for us to genuinely contend , if Jack feels the same ( he won’t) I say he retires, however

Reactions: 1 users

Coburgtiger

Tiger Legend
May 7, 2012
What a champion.

What an effort that was.

3 of the most clutch, high degree of difficulty goals, you will ever see.

He did what almost no one in the league can do with those kicks.

If should have been enough.

Reactions: 16 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
That was a master class in clutch set shot kicking. He can easily go another year if that's what he wants.

Reactions: 2 users

Total Tiger

Tiger Champion
Apr 13, 2009
Last night showed to me how badly the club screwed up their captaincy decision this year. Performing at the highest point of pressure and being able to motivate your teammates to do the same is the stuff of captains. Look at Jack's performance against Nank's. One of them played a captain's game. Unfortunately it wasn't the captain.

Reactions: 7 users