Jack Riewoldt [Merged] | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jack Riewoldt [Merged]

Re: Jack Riewoldt

Riewoldt is the least of our concerns.

Anytime your FF is well held and kicks 5 goals and 4 goals respectively over two consecutive weeks indicates a very pleasant problem to have.

Just wait til we develop another couple of taller options for our forward line. TV is coming along nicely in this regard.

spook said:
The beauty of Jack is he's such a smart footballer that even if he's not taking screamers and kicking bags he still contributes. How good was that left-footer to Cotchin? Off one step, after a split-second to turn and assess his options. Brilliant. The Chimp didn't have to break stride.

That was freakish spook.

One handful of players his size could have done that.

A goal setup by a champion.

The tag 'champion' rests easily on this bloke's shoulders. A deadset winner.

Gee JR is going very well indeed contributes every week to some degree.

MacFarlane was cheating by arm holding, pushing in the back and most unsavoury was that he tunnelled Jack at least 4 times with the most memorable being that big fall that could have finished his season with a bad injury.

IMO Macfarlane should be sighted for misconduct with the tunnelling as there is no chance to defend yourself whilst in the air.

Leysy Days said:
That was freakish spook.

One handful of players his size could have done that.

A goal setup by a champion.

His goal assists this year have been a sight to behold. Just so smart.

Just hope he doesn't injure himself going for some of those speccies.

screenshot20110508at115.png

spook said:
The beauty of Jack is he's such a smart footballer that even if he's not taking screamers and kicking bags he still contributes. How good was that left-footer to Cotchin? Off one step, after a split-second to turn and assess his options. Brilliant. The Chimp didn't have to break stride.

For me, that kick was the highlight of the year thus far.

Rekon 1.27% of all AFL footballers could pull that off.

He is just going ok at the minute and he is kicking 4 or 5 a week and setting up 3-4 other goals.

High standard.

Great photo TOO you can see MacFalane's hands in his lower back causing a dangerous situation - no free kick of course :mad:

His timing has been slightly off with his marking since getting knocked out, but his kicking has been sensational, doesn't look like missing.

I remember when Polak had his bad head injury, he said something along the lines that when he first came back that his kicking (which was average) improved, yet his marking (which was his strength) went backwards... might be something in that. I know Polly's head injury was far worse than Jack's but there may still be some residual impact from the Saints game.

My heart was in my mouth on the way down Sat night as well, when he got pushed into the contest, he landed well in the end but it could have been nasty!

GEDS1 said:
Great photo TOO you can see MacFalane's hands in his lower back causing a dangerous situation - no free kick of course :mad:

Yep I was right near that and called that it should have been a free kick at the time. unbelievable that it wasn't. Hands in the back and dangerous to boot; almost tunneling.

That was another reason the win was so good; I thought we really got screwed by the umpires.

SCOOP said:
For me, that kick was the highlight of the year thus far.

Rekon 1.27% of all AFL footballers could pull that off.

He is just going ok at the minute and he is kicking 4 or 5 a week and setting up 3-4 other goals.

High standard.

not only that one, but in the last qtr where he dodged a couple and then whilst being tackled kicked a left footer (I think) to the hotspot where Tigers were queuing up. I think Nahas took the chest mark and wandered into goal. again, great vision and execution.

For a big man, he is very, very good in traffice with both his hands and feet.

An absolute star.

evo said:
That incident seemed like 'tunnelling' to me.

Very dangerous.

Yeah, probably.

That said - There was a massive roar in my house when he flew for that mark [I haven't seen a replay but I thought he actually almost intentionally kicked it out of the air whilst almost updside down and 6 foot off the ground?]. Jack is just so exciting to watch. Similar buzz to watching Gary Ablett senior in his prime flying for everything and you feel like mark of the year could happen at any moment- but this time he's on our team.

Love him.

Tunnelling is tough. It's easy to call on a basketball court because the players are in view with the ball.

Jack was totally tunnelled by Whatsisname. (He's not famous enough to be Nobody.) But I couldn't have called it at first view - although I suspected it. Who could?

Somebody posted earlier that Jack is a champion. Was it you, Bryan? If he aint, he'll do til we get one.

DOnt know about tunneling. Looks like he's trying to stop getting a faceful of bum.

I don't think he was tunnelled , not intentionally anyway. He may of got incidental contact that accentuated the fall .
If he felt he was tunnelled I think he would have reacted differently to McPharlin than he did and probably his teammates would have as well.
Jack's timing on his leap is way off at the moment . If he can get that right he is going to kick a big bag pretty soon , hopefully this week.

Perhaps McPharlin was just assisting Jack with his Yogic flying.

brunomorris.gif
yogic-flying.jpg

Dont know if this has been posted since last night, too tired to read back but jack tweeted a pic of his new nike boots. Ontop of the tick "swoosh", he has PUP 8.
not common in AFL, huge in soccer... anyway look out for them tomorrow ;)

Holy hell , angel white boots with bright green shwoosh and "PUP 8". He's such an introvert.