Jack Riewoldt [Merged] | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jack Riewoldt [Merged]

glantone

dog at the footy, punt rd end
Jun 5, 2007
Re: Jack Riewoldt

Saw something I’ve never seen before today – in the last quarter Jack seemed to be complaining and quite expansively to a nearby umpire about a decision that was not given in the Tiges favour right up the far end of the ground - think it was a holding the ball decision that wasn’t paid. Don’t see that very often…..

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com

skybeau said:
Poor Merrett. I reckon he did as good a job on Jack as you can do as a defender.

And he still nabbed 5. Special player right here.

Good post sky. I reckon Jack would have near kicked 15 against Gold Coast tonight. Merrett was very impressive.

That mark that fell into his hands he had no right to take but he's a freak. :cutelaugh

Love Jack.

thejinx

Go Tiges!
Dec 17, 2003
Melbourne, VIC

Tigers of Old said:
That mark that fell into his hands he had no right to take but he's a freak. :cutelaugh

Almost looked unnatural. Like he had a magnet in his hands, or the ball on a string.

I didn't complain though!

tigers80

Tiger Legend
Jul 7, 2004

ToraToraTora said:
21 goals 6 behinds.....77.7% conversion. Superb.

imagine that conversion rate if it was 3 years ago, credit to the kid in sorting it out now
this bloke is a bonafide GUN

caspar

We won!!!!!
Jun 8, 2006
Melbourne

Love Jack.
[/quote]

He's done that 3 or 4 times this year.

Lidsand

Chimp Mail - Delivering Since 2007
Oct 12, 2005
Melbourne

i have no doubt jack jumped at plenty tnight for a very good reason. he knows that he is no chance on the lead as merrett is very quick and disguises the arm chop better than anyone. he also has a great leap and times his jump well but jack has serious hops too so his odds were better, he's a damn good fullback

Brettstigers

Queen La Camilla
Mar 21, 2005
Sydney

ToraToraTora said:
21 goals 6 behinds.....77.7% conversion. Superb.

And with that type of conversion rate why do we want him to play up the ground again? I actually thought Merrett with his pace made Jack look bad when he went up the ground.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003

yeah merrett does the arm chop pretty well. very good full back though.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004

Jack can fly for what ever he wants. He doesn't give away free kicks and he takes more then he drops.

Five on sauce is a good return.

No 4

I did what I did for the Tigers - Bridget
Feb 11, 2005
nunawading/mitcham

Miller helped with a few, took his man out. Left Jack one on one, this makes a big difference, especially flying for the marks, noone spoiling from the side.

Loved his goal from the boundary line, where were the lions defenders???????

mld

hi
Apr 1, 2006
Melbs

SCOOP said:
Jack can fly for what ever he wants. He doesn't give away free kicks and he takes more then he drops.

Five on sauce is a good return.

And he is doing what is asked of him. He is a footy smart player, and he understands the game plan. If it was better for him to lead more, he would be leading more.

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003

Hallmark of a brilliant forward when the fullback on him has a great game and he still kicks 4 or 5. Merrett played a top game.

Gnarley

Tiger Rookie
Apr 15, 2011

Does anyone reckon Jack can kick :banana :donut3 :donut goals this year?

ToraToraTora

Two outta three ain't bad.
Mar 21, 2005
QLD

Umm lets see....got him down for 12 vs GC, 9 vs Port, good for 8 at least vs Carl next time....yeah, he's a chance.
Needs 3 or 4 7-10 bags.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com

I've been very impressed with Jack's body language the past fortnight too since coming in for some flack.
Despite a couple of team mates missing him with poor passes he's bottling his frustration and just got on with it.
Showing signs of maturity.

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009

Gnarley said:
Does anyone reckon Jack can kick :banana :donut3 :donut goals this year?

I don't think he will get to 100. But I think he can get to 80.