Jack Ross | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jack Ross

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Good point. Geelong was using their big bodies to bully us in the middle and we played the 2 Jacks on the outside. Not sure of the thinking.
I think Graham must have been a loose tag as he didn't see much of the ball. When he's not playing that role he plays more outside mid. He's only averaged 6 contested possies and 1.7 clearances per game in his career.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
I think Graham must have been a loose tag as he didn't see much of the ball. When he's not playing that role he plays more outside mid. He's only averaged 6 contested possies and 1.7 clearances per game in his career.

yeah he seemed to be checking clangerfield at stoppages

Reactions: 1 user

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Tried hard. Poor with ball in hand. Unfortunately he got it 26 times. Outside Pickett one of our worst users.

clown

Tiger Superstar
Mar 16, 2004
Thought he was great today. Ran hard up and down the wing. Can't believe the negativity.

Add 539 metres gained and 3 rebound 50s and 4 inside 50s, it was a solid performance.
Yeah i can't believe the negativity either, guys like Castagna and Aarts are gifted games this kid has a crack.

Reactions: 2 users

Tigers2011

What did I miss dad?
May 6, 2007
Mt Waverley, Victoria
Thought he used it better in the second half when going longer. Short pinpoint passing he’s no good at. Ran hard all game so that was better. Want to see him in midfield & not wing.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Why is he playing on the outside? We're looking to see if he's got any value as a transition mid where the game is going. His kicking says no.
Got a lot of possessions today but hurt factor is low. Just doesn't use the ball well enough. Might be trade bait methinks.

Merveille

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2007
Why is he playing on the outside? We're looking to see if he's got any value as a transition mid where the game is going. His kicking says no.
Got a lot of possessions today but hurt factor is low. Just doesn't use the ball well enough. Might be trade bait methinks.
Everyone used to say Prestia butchered it. With games comes confidence and composure

clown

Tiger Superstar
Mar 16, 2004
Everyone used to say Prestia butchered it. With games comes confidence and composure
Agree and he's only played a hand full of games, no development last year in the vfl and only a few games in the vfl this year. Not a good time to be developing kids there

Reactions: 1 users

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
I think Ross should be trained as a shut down player. Not in the midfield, in the back pocket. Because that's the talent level I think I've seen. I want him banging heads with no neat skills.

Dimma thinks he has to get the ball in his hands to improve his use and to get the confidence to accumulate over a game. To learn to get more and more ball. And eventually to use more conservatively and within his range. For now he has a licence. To get the ball and use it long. This is easier use than at the coalface, use that Jack Ross IMO, and apparently in Dimma's, is not yet able to execute.

Ross is getting a chance. And he is getting ball. We've got a lot of blokes who can't do that.

I've been surprised at the trust Ross has won and the way in which he's improved. Interesting player atm.