Jack Ross | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jack Ross

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Just not getting back to what he showed or more importantly what we thought he’d end up.

Reactions: 1 user

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
We need size around the ball who can get clearances and they need to give it to smart blokes who can use it. Lambert fits that mould better than anyone now that he doesn’t have to cover Dusty off.
Thats the Dogs and Deez game plan in a nutshell big bodies inside getting it out to the Road Runners outside and off to the races.

dimmauchamp

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2003
Do NOT ever put Ross and Coughlan in the same sentence. Coughlan would have been a 300 gamer and captain of the Tigers. Injuries crueled. I had Cogs on the same level as Voss.
What i saw today from Ross was inexcusable. I can take the lack of pace or odd crappy disposal but he pulled out of 4 contests today. 4 in one game. Most blokes do 1 a game. Egg gets criticised for the same thing and Ross played scared. Ive seen enough. Trade, trade and trade

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
Heh heh. jack Ross has demonstrated nowhere near the talent to play AFL midfield. Some would argue that hes not much good at VFL midfield.

Inside grunt delusion at AFL level? He can't get a kick.

Dimma gave him a loose HBF gig last week and in a winning side Ross was adequate. (I liked the rugged moment.) He got the ball and sent it forward.

01 Aug 2021 I thought Ross was ok. He was given a chance to play back pocket to HBF was ok. Disposal errors? He'll hve them. But at crucial times I thought he was good.

No, he's not there yet but Jack Ross played some winning ball at winning times imo. A well coached player. Battling and levelling uo.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
I think there’s no doubt he’s an inside mid.
However inside mids are an endangered species in this current evolution of the game.
Transitional mids is where the game is at now as Fremantle demonstrated yesterday.
Unfortunately for us we’ve loaded up heavily with inside players we hope replaces Cotch. Ross isn’t Cotch level. Nowhere near it but few are.
After yesterday I really hope rumours of Cerra are true..

Reactions: 1 user

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
I think there’s no doubt he’s an inside mid.
However inside mids are an endangered species in this current evolution of the game.
Transitional mids is where the game is at now as Fremantle demonstrated yesterday.
Unfortunately for us we’ve loaded up heavily with inside players we hope replaces Cotch. Ross isn’t Cotch level. Nowhere near it but few are.
After yesterday I really hope rumours of Cerra are true..
Either he plays midfield or the kid request to be traded.
Wingman he is not.
Thise last 5 minute efforts though in the last could have put a cross through him.