Jack Ross | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jack Ross

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Ross or Pickett on the non-Kmac wing?
If they were going to play only on the wing i would say Pickett, but i reckon they want Ross to play AFL, and possibly also want his flexibility as an inside and outside mid.

Reactions: 1 user

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
With Tigga coming back do you think Broad could have been trialled on the wing?
Well, he’s taller and has greater aerobic capacity than Short. Much closer to a Kaps type than Short. Is his kicking good enough though ? Kaps kicking isn’t great but is Broadie’s kicking going a step too far ?

Tony Braxton-Hicks

There are no stupid ideas, just stupid people
Aug 10, 2004
The Playboy Mansion
Looks like Stacky may have a say in that on his VFl form.
I would be amazed if Stack plays more than a few minutes on the wing at AFL level this year. too much running.
i would assume his VFL role was just to give him a run around and to get him involved.
I only saw the first half of the VFL and kept my eye on Stack for quite a bit. He really seemed to float about rather than do the hard running we see from KMac. (Second half may have been different, as the whole side lifted but was outcompeted while I was there.)

Marlion was more impressive in that first half. Three crunching tackles in front of me took my breath away. And the breath of his opponents.

Reactions: 3 users

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Where does he play ToO?

He is a contested ball machine. I just can't see him anywhere else but in the guts.
Not sure about being a contested ball machine. Only 1/3 of his average career possessions have been contested.

Even on Saturday from his 21 possessions, only 4 were contested.

For me, it’s actually something he needs to work on a bit.

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
Not sure about being a contested ball machine. Only 1/3 of his average career possessions have been contested.

Even on Saturday from his 21 possessions, only 4 were contested.

For me, it’s actually something he needs to work on a bit.
Is it a problem or that he has been charged to focus on his unco disposals?
It might be what the coaching staff are working him on

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
Put him on the ball and put Cotchin on a wing. We needed him to get some clearances and ball going our way.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
His best game of AFL besides his first. Should hold his spot. But how much better can he get?

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
He was going ok until he cost us the game. After that he was terrible, but so was everyone else.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
If he is going to play it has to be in the middle.

No more wing spare parts its inside for Jack now or outside the 22.

I dont think the kid is going be the player we need him to be.

Tigers must target a quality mid from elsewhere and hopefully draft another.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users