Jack Ross | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jack Ross

Ross isn’t the problem and that so many on here carry on like he is the root cause of our issues is a joke. 23D at 78% DE plus a goal is good going. Jack took a few marks around high half back but there was no movement up the field so was forced to go the long dump kick. The lack of movement with either a handball off of short kick to player moving into space is the issue.
Exactly, U must have watched the game :eyes
The lack of movement, support and helping teammates was so bad in the first half, so so bad.

Sprints first half 137 to 159, 22 less sprints to help and support a teammate compared to the Pies. Score first half 3.10=28 to 1.3=9.
Second half 145 to 148 so close to a 50/50 split and score for the second half we won 6.4=40 to 5.5=35.

Reactions: 6 users
W
Exactly, U must have watched the game :eyes
The lack of movement, support and helping teammates was so bad in the first half, so so bad.

Sprints first half 137 to 159, 22 less sprints to help and support a teammate compared to the Pies. Score first half 3.10=28 to 1.3=9.
Second half 145 to 148 so close to a 50/50 split and score for the second half we won 6.4=40 to 5.5=35.
What? Are they race times at the grand prix?
Ross is too slow

W

What? Are they race times at the grand prix?
Ross is too slow
Lack of run mate, that's not lack of speed, no one supporting his teammate. Watched Pies run at least 5-6 breaks with 2-3 of them side by side, trying to recall Richmond doing that once? :unsure:

Not sure Mitchell, Sideass and Pendlebury are speed demons but looked that way with Richmond sitting around watching them.

Reactions: 2 users
Hi
Lack of run mate, that's not lack of speed, no one supporting his teammate. Watched Pies run at least 5-6 breaks with 2-3 of them side by side, trying to recall Richmond doing that once? :unsure:

Not sure Mitchell, Sideass and Pendlebury are speed demons but looked that way with Richmond sitting around watching them.
Hit the boundary

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Glad I didnt see last nights game.

Something savage would occur within me watching us lose to the Copy and Pastes.

Can we sue them for Plagiarism?

Glad I didnt see last nights game.

Something savage would occur within me watching us lose to the Copy and Pastes.

Can we sue them for Plagfiarism?
Just watched the replay now craigo. Sh!ts me to the bone how much of our game Fly and Leppa injected into them, however, I still think it's way too fast and too early to show it. They'll crash mid season like Boringbourne did, and that should silence those overhyped feral fans of theirs.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Just watched the replay now craigo. Sh!ts me to the bone how much of our game Fly and Leppa injected into them, however, I still think it's way to fast and too early to show it. They'll crash mid season like Boringbourne did, and that should silence those overhyped feral fans of theirs.
Geez TF you're keen mate watching the replay.

Kudos I couldnt bear it. (y)

Geez TF you're keen mate watching the replay.

Kudos I couldnt bear it. (y)
I just fast forwarded the parts when the Scum were gonna score. I have to watch how we play and how the flogs umpire.

Just watched the replay now craigo. Sh!ts me to the bone how much of our game Fly and Leppa injected into them, however, I still think it's way too fast and too early to show it. They'll crash mid season like Boringbourne did, and that should silence those overhyped feral fans of theirs.
Right now they’re exactly where melb were 12m ago , it’s a challenge to maintain this to the pointy end ,,,I still think on a given day with a full squad at hand we could turn the tables , they play very similar to melb at their best , very disciplined and structured work very hard for ea other

Right now they’re exactly where melb were 12m ago , it’s a challenge to maintain this to the pointy end ,,,I still think on a given day with a full squad at hand we could turn the tables , they play very similar to melb at their best , very disciplined and structured work very hard for ea other
Agree. I like us as the hunter coming from behind. Tortoise and hare stuff.

I don't care what anyone says the kid gets crapped on here for no reason. Natural footballer for mine just not used to his strengths. Seen more out of him in a couple of cameos than what ive seen out of dusty for similar game time

Ross's numbers were good on the face of it.

11K 12HB 8M 1G 2T From 66%TOG.

19 Uncontested and 4 contested is fine. Perfectly respectable Ross numbers. Ross is very outside.

But 2 SI is not enough even in a flogged side and 7 Turnovers is way too many for a neat skills player.

Ross was way too fresh but got plenty of ball and worked for a living. Being rusty his skills were down and he struggled with the pace of the game. All fair enough. His skills are usually much better than this.

But we are looking for much better SI and fewer Turnovers as he progresses. I'm a qualified fan.

Ross's numbers were good on the face of it.

11K 12HB 8M 1G 2T From 66%TOG.

19 Uncontested and 4 contested is fine. Perfectly respectable Ross numbers. Ross is very outside.

But 2 SI is not enough even in a flogged side and 7 Turnovers is way too many for a neat skills player.

Ross was way too fresh but got plenty of ball and worked for a living. Being rusty his skills were down and he struggled with the pace of the game. All fair enough. His skills are usually much better than this.

But we are looking for much better SI and fewer Turnovers as he progresses. I'm a qualified fan.

He appeared to be playing the Short role more than the Hopper role (that people thought he was going in for) so it'll be interesting to see whether he is picked today. Personally, I'd prefer Sonsie in that role. I think he could be incredibly damaging by foot that way. Imagine the Sonsie getting 25 touches with something like 20 of them being uncontested. He'd be our quarter back.

He appeared to be playing the Short role more than the Hopper role (that people thought he was going in for) so it'll be interesting to see whether he is picked today. Personally, I'd prefer Sonsie in that role. I think he could be incredibly damaging by foot that way. Imagine the Sonsie getting 25 touches with something like 20 of them being uncontested. He'd be our quarter back.
That's the kind of role, mrp. Outside mid. A bit like Short. Short works harder inside but is a more mature player. To be fair to Ross he keeps getting a kick and that's hard.

FWIW I have Ross in the 18 if he can get fit and use the ball at his best.

At this early stage I have Sonsie marked behind the ball accumulator, largely inside. Whether he can do this at senior level yet we'll find out. Morris gave the plaudits to Dow on the weekend.

It's very sweet to have a few young uns pushing for selection. Surprises all year.