Jack Ross | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jack Ross

If you're of the school that Jack Ross is very outside you don't worry about the 19/4 uncontested to contested ratio. It's that he had two SI. Damning. And 7 Turnover. Damning. But an underdone player who has to work into form.

If you're of the school that Jack Ross is an inside beast you delist him for the 19/4 ratio.

Reactions: 5 users
Good servant but not best 23.

Not if we want to go somewhere.

Reactions: 1 users
I’ma general fan, but I struggle to nominate a position I could hang my hat on and go yep… that’s his position/role. Perhaps there in lies the crux of the issue… good at many, great in none? Solid 22- 24 contributor… but needs to nail a role

Reactions: 1 user
Shows a lot of Richmond Man patience does Rossy, gotta hand him that.

Must be frustrating AF for the lad.

Reactions: 8 users
Reckon if he’s in and out of the side like this all year, he’ll look for opportunities elsewhere at years end.

I’ma general fan, but I struggle to nominate a position I could hang my hat on and go yep… that’s his position/role. Perhaps there in lies the crux of the issue… good at many, great in none? Solid 22- 24 contributor… but needs to nail a role

Can't think of him getting a decent string of games 'in the same position'.

Reckon it would make it very hard to do what you are looking for. IMO the question is, why hasn't had been allowed to settle into a role at AFL level?

Because he is slow and his disposal his shizen.

Doesn’t matter if he’s tidied up to some extent by playing within his limitations.

That’s not good enough for a team looking to contend.

I reckon Ross needs to develop as a defensive mid, a lock down type like the elder Curnow, you can eke a career if you are negating an opposition playmaker. Bytel is being groomed for this role & they were both from the same draft & picked in the same region. This will be his ticket if the club sees a tagger as necessity. I don't think you can rely on anything substantial at the trade table, a third rounder would be tops.

I thought he strung together some ok games late last year, and I started to think maybe he might make it after all , after I previously thought he wouldn’t .

Taranto and hopper probably make him even less needed with everyone available

Shame for him personally, always come across as a good kid .

Reactions: 1 user
Won't be surprised when he seeks a trade at season's end.
Best for both parties at this stage. Ross is clearly above VFL level and needs more senior opportunities. While from a list management view, we can’t afford to carry a player into his 6th season and beyond who is not clearly best 22. Ben Miller is of course exempted for some reason.

Reckon he is a bit stiff. Thought he was very serviceable last week.

Reactions: 2 users