Jack Ross | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jack Ross

Ghost of 29

Handball - its just a fad!!
Aug 16, 2008
Was thinking about this last night.
Both Jacks (Ross and Graham) really need to do something and halt the drifting momentum they seem to have.
I think both would benefit from some extra training, maybe in terms of a sprint coaching regime over summer.
Both seem to be "playing within their limitations" and accepting they can't do some things.
Maybe change the limitations.
At the very least, some extra training may give them a bit more confidence to take on their roles with more zest.
Ross has significantly improved his endurance over the years. Was only pipped by Hugo in the first TT of the preseason. Much harder to improve pure speed.

Reactions: 2 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
This is why I don't understand where the myth came from. He's not Bolton, but he's not Graham either.

it's partly running style as well - remember Bowden? looked very casual but covered the ground well, was quicker than he looked.

Reactions: 1 user

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Ross has significantly improved his endurance over the years. Was only pipped by Hugo in the first TT of the preseason. Much harder to improve pure speed.
Cheers for that.

Jack has improved in other areas too, such as his disposal and decision making.

momentai

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2004
Melb
Speed is on the line when it comes to the chase. Both are goodish when the target is either nearby or unaware. Neither have the great agility or the speed needed to be an A grade chaser. A grade.. I am talking Baker, Shai, Pickett, MRJ, and Jack and Trent at their best.

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
Had some excellent moments. Impressive.

I want him to be stronger in the contest on occasion. Has a big frame so no excuses.

Reactions: 1 users

TimeToRoar

Tiger Superstar
Apr 13, 2014
Did ok. Some great efforts intermixed with a few not so great. Keep playing him. Confidence will grow and hopefully the errors diminish

Ghost of 29

Handball - its just a fad!!
Aug 16, 2008
Positives outweighed the negatives. That fumble wasn’t great but wet footies are hard to handle…anyone who has played wet weather footy will know this…was running his guts out till the end.