Jack Ross | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jack Ross

That pirouette and handball that led to a goal was unreal. These were his conditions and he stepped up.

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
Interesting, I thought he was poor tonight.

Unintentionally contrarian.

A few less assured disposals than I've seen from him, and a step off the (increased) pace of the game.

Great experience for him.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Not his best game but then again not sure what people's expectations of a permanent winger is? The role leads itself to not being involved in the play regularly. Think McIntosh & Pickett.

Not his best game but then again not sure what people's expectations of a permanent winger is? The role leads itself to not being involved in the play regularly. Think McIntosh & Pickett.
How good has Kmac been the last two weeks!

• Love
Reactions: 4 users

A few less assured disposals than I've seen from him, and a step off the (increased) pace of the game.

Harsh CT. Was good in the first half. Played his role.

premierships are won with reluctant contrarianism

He took a ripper mark in the last quarter. But he also tapped the ball back in to three Freo blokes just as we were about to get a forward pocket throw-in in the last few minutes, which was dumb.

Reactions: 1 users
He took a ripper mark in the last quarter. But he also tapped the ball back in to three Freo blokes just as we were about to get a forward pocket throw-in in the last few minutes, which was dumb.
At first I thought the same.
But its 100% our philosophy, keep it in and keep it moving.
He was tapping back to a teammate (Ryan?) so he was being positive.
In the heat of the couch sitting I thought the perecentage play was to let it roll out and chew up time. I'm not going to hang a 50 gamer for playing the Richmond game

Reactions: 2 users
A few mistakes, like all humans do.
A fumble that cost a goal.
Beaten by Sonny Walters (maybe my favourite non Tiger) which happens.

But attacked the ball well. Had his moments. Was involved and positive at the end.
He's making good progress

Reactions: 2 users
At first I thought the same.
But its 100% our philosophy, keep it in and keep it moving.
He was tapping back to a teammate (Ryan?) so he was being positive.
In the heat of the couch sitting I thought the perecentage play was to let it roll out and chew up time. I'm not going to hang a 50 gamer for playing the Richmond game
I'm not hanging him but it was dumb. Richmond football? Nup. Dumb football. That the tallest man on the ground was the player he was trying to tap it to at grass level made it dumb with pike.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm not hanging him but it was dumb. Richmond football? Nup. Dumb football. That the tallest man on the ground was the player he was trying to tap it to at grass level made it dumb with pike.
Yeah, but for me he did more good.
That spin.
The goal.
The involvement.
We are a better side with him playing well

Ross was woeful. Went half hearted at a few contests and Aish gave him a bath.

Critical fumble under no pressure cost us a goal and gave them momentum in the last

I'm his biggest fan.

I thought his inexperience showed tonight. But he's barely every had a run of games to build. I think tonight was an important challenge for him.
I'm with you CT. Love Ross but he flubbed some things tonight.

Still, trajectory is good.

Reactions: 1 users
Did you see the umps called that Mark a free for front on contact? They had to do something about our free kick count.

Easiest way is to give free kicks when we already have the ball. Like the one to Bolton where we lost a goal by advantage. And one to Ross who had just taken a ripper mark anyway.

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
Question for me right now , is he a better option then Pickett in the same role ?
Probably a 50 / 50 call at the moment, but Foosh has got probably one more year in him Rossy's got ten and more possible improvement so he gets the slot.