Jack Ross | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jack Ross

Dow seems more inside than Ross.. Ross often described as an inside bull but he's not really played that role for a few years now. Different skill sets

Reactions: 1 user
Dow seems more inside than Ross.. Ross often described as an inside bull but he's not really played that role for a few years now. Different skill sets
Didn't Ross drop some kgs so he could run longer on the outside?
Haven't noticed, but has he bulked up again? Agree might be hard to be a bull if he doesn't have the strength.

Will definately get a block of 3-4 games with Graham out with the quad.

I'm a Ross fan but Ross has lost his wing position. I don't think he's suited to the fwd line.

MRJ played OK as mid in the VFL. And seemed to be in the selection frame. Green AND Campbell is too little experience.

I'm a Ross fan but Ross has lost his wing position.
Has he?

We've been selecting 3 players for the wing role... what Dimma did with our wingers during our successful period contributed greatly to that success... but it's a highly taxing role that requires aerobic beasts.

Melbourne copied it so I don't imagine Yze will change the way we use our wingers. They'll still be required to push hard into defence, and provide an outnumber or a switch option before having to again run hard forward and assist with the transition.

Ross starts on the bench but is in a rotation with KMac and Marlion.

Banks made his way into the rotation last season when we played Marlion as a Forward, but Marlion is back on a wing again.

Banks got a bit of a taste late last year and shows promise, and whilst he has nice skills, he needs to improve his contested work and his tank before he permanently displaces one of those 3.

I'm confident he will... but not straight away.

How this guy is not out there is amazing. The guy can actually put his body on the line and win the hard footy.

Ross should feel aggrieved.

In the half he played, we had a 4 goal win.

Seriously, this bloke is twice the footballer Dow and Hopper are combined.

A one touch, creative, fast player with composure, class and skill.

Never panics. Always sees the good option.

Ideal midfielder.

Reactions: 14 users
Ross should feel aggrieved.

In the half he played, we had a 4 goal win.

Seriously, this bloke is twice the footballer Dow and Hopper are combined.

A one touch, creative, fast player with composure, class and skill.

Never panics. Always sees the good option.

Ideal midfielder.
A joke his treatment is

How this guy is not out there is amazing. The guy can actually put his body on the line and win the hard footy.

Not just that but his kicking is very underrated by many on here, a bit like Grahams kicking.

Reactions: 1 users
Not just that but his kicking is very underrated by many on here, a bit like Grahams kicking.
People get sucked in by kicking actions.

Composure, vision and balance are so much more important than technique in game.

Banks only gets games based on his fluid kicking action, and pretty technique. But he is a pants wetter, so never puts it to any use.

Ross is ready to kick before he kicks it, and has vision, balance and composure, so hits targets. And not just the easy option. He sees the creative, attacking option.

Reactions: 3 users

Composure, vision and balance are so much more important than technique in game.

Banks only gets games based on his fluid kicking action, and pretty technique. But he is a pants wetter, so never puts it to any use.

Ross is ready to kick before he kicks it, and has vision, balance and composure, so hits targets. And not just the easy option. He sees the creative, attacking option.

I think Banks may come good, he's still only played 7 games.

Agreed

The madness of the way Ross ( and cumberland ) are treated.
Borh should be walk up starts.
Have the footy smarts we are screaming out for in the foward line

Reactions: 3 users