Jack Ross | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jack Ross

What exactly does he bring??
Vanilla footballer. Not fast, not the best kick and not a 100 minute runner.
He needs to pull something out of the hat because there's no excuses, he will get games

Jack Ross is death in today’s football. Slow with no killer blow. Only AFL material in top 4 side. Play the new kids

Disappointing. Normal average service resumes. A no real position C grader.

Needs to be played consistently to be a consistent player IMO.
There always seem to be excuses for Ross.
He was poor tonight. He often is. I am sure his supporters will excuse him again. Say he was not played in his best position.
Very good VFL player.

Reactions: 1 users
He was tentative numerous times last night, and it was costly.
Everyone else was cracking in, and he was second guessing.
He is a solid lad, so it’s not a lack of physicality.
Must be confidence, or lack thereof.
I don’t get why a borderline player like Ross wouldn’t just go like a bull at a gate every game, like his career depended on it.
Which it does.

Reactions: 2 users
Yze needs to slap both ross and dow and tell them to wake the *smile* up

Another one of our almost players. Almost a good kick, almost a good runner, almost does enough. Need to move these types on. Would continue with him for now but not the real answer moving forward

Had the case of the butter fingers fumbles last night, seemed to fumble everything.

First thing someone needs to do is shave that mop top off. We seem to say every year when he comes back, he plays better with no hair and I stand by it.

SHAVE IT OFF
SHAVE IT OFF

Reactions: 5 users
Had the case of the butter fingers fumbles last night, seemed to fumble everything.

First thing someone needs to do is shave that mop top off. We seem to say every year when he comes back, he plays better with no hair and I stand by it.

SHAVE IT OFF
SHAVE IT OFF
And get rid of the stupid mo!

Thought he took a step as sub last week. Was authoritative and smooth.

And I’m his biggest critic.

We need him taking steps and this year is his last chance.

Campbell waltzing in and looking so assured just makes Ross’s development look more arrested.

I think we can see why he gets the sub role so often. After all these years now he's still a fringe player.
You'd think he might be at another club next year but maybe not which is probably a reflection of where we are at.

Reactions: 1 user
He has a challenge ahead of him. Find the ball enough to make use of his attributes.

It's a simple one. Go hard, get the ball.

He's never had a block of games in the 22 to do this, ever. Give him a month to see what he can do

Get him to 80-100 games if you want consistency... His development has always been compromised by our success (who'd have it any other way). I think he shows poise and great use of angles every other week, and he was brave and fierce as a cub... If these aspects synthesise in Jack he'll be a very good player, but he's not a first-rounder and bringing it all together takes time against elite opposition at the highest level.

He needs just a little more self belief and is at a club with a growth mindset that I hope will back him even if the supporters don't always. Keep the hair and the moustache, or not, as they have nothing to do with his onfield ability, and pandering to the prejudices of others is not part of being a richmond man or having a successful mindset.

I hope he keeps growing and learning, I like alot of what he does already.

Reactions: 4 users