Jack Ross | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jack Ross

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
Had the ball 4-5 times in the first 10 mins - just so natural
Very impressive and could easily play in seniors- if a spot opens up.
TBH impressed me more than Marlion did - albeit based on one VFL game (and just the half for Jack)

Reactions: 1 user

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Had the ball 4-5 times in the first 10 mins - just so natural
Very impressive and could easily play in seniors- if a spot opens up.
TBH impressed me more than Marlion did - albeit based on one VFL game (and just the half for Jack)
Good to hear. Really like this kid and want him in the team.

Columbo

Tiger Matchwinner
Oct 4, 2007
Can’t wait for this kid to get back in.
If he doesn’t get past 10 games this year (on 5 now), should win Rising Star next year by the length of the Flem straight.

Reactions: 1 users

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
Even though he has played less than a handful of senior games, I reckon I would prefer Ross fronting up fr the finals than a few other players in the team (Short, Ellis, Butler).
His competitiveness, hardness and ability to win the ball are all atttributes a team needs to combat the pressure of finals.
Have my fingers crossed that his next game (or maybe two) in the VFL all lead to him beng back in the seniors before the completion of H&A season.
Could be the 2019 Jack Graham (but maybe without the goals) and that would be a pretty good wrap for the young fella.

lamb22

Tiger Legend
Jan 29, 2005
I reckon this kid is vital. Pure midfielder and gives us something different. The Cogs comparison is apt. I always saw him as a bigger more polished Selwood. But basically someone that finds the ball and keeps his balance and vision and distributes well. It looks like they will play him in the twos but with Cotchy and Stacky still out I think we should bring him in. Blues have Cripps Walsh and Murphy in ripping form and a couple more handy mids. We cant take them lightly.

BillyJean17

Tiger Champion
Jul 27, 2009
melbourne
I reckon this kid is vital. Pure midfielder and gives us something different. The Cogs comparison is apt. I always saw him as a bigger more polished Selwood. But basically someone that finds the ball and keeps his balance and vision and distributes well. It looks like they will play him in the twos but with Cotchy and Stacky still out I think we should bring him in. Blues have Cripps Walsh and Murphy in ripping form and a couple more handy mids. We cant take them lightly.
Won’t play after only 50% at vfl but most def in mix before season is out , big body mids are generally the go in finals

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Fyfe at his clumsy best again yesterday. Almost snapped Dangerfields leg in half.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Missed the game what did Fyfe do?

Dangerfield gets to the ball first, Fyfe won’t beat him to it, so he slides in like a ninja again leading in with his legs.
The rule was brought in for that exact action. Dangerfield didn’t get a free and was very lucky not have a snap fibula.
Fyfe has stopped with the arm swings and has introduced the ‘soccer action’ of leading with his feet.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
I think there’s no doubt Ross is very much in our AFL September plans not our VFL ones, all been well I think he’ll play against the Lions . Unlike others I don’t think he replaces Graham, other then there hardness there different types of midfielders.

Reactions: 1 user