Jack Ross | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jack Ross

SCOOP said:
You got any mail on him mate?

Was at my son's school. Great kid. Would have been in the best few performed at APS football. Some of the games I saw he nutted the opposition.

Not flashy, but very consistant. Hard at it. Was a big knock on his fitness which I heard about from someone in the Caulfield football team, but at the same time they weren't overly concerned long term as he is a very diligent hard worker. You have to remember with VCE and the various football commitments they don't have too much spare time to do extra training.

As to a comparison, closest Tiger I can think of is Shane Tuck. Not so much skill set, more the attitude and effort.

A great pick up.

TOT70 said:
This is just my two cents’ worth.

I think that the 6-6-6 rule will change the game dramatically for the 10 seconds following each centre bounce and will make zero difference after that. Teams will sag their loose man in defence back as quickly as they can if they so choose and coaches will get their outnumber in defence.

There will still be a role for Houli types but they will start on the wing and be more attacking at centre bounces.

What happens during that ten seconds is critical. The game will revert to its basic form. The ruckman knocks it down to the rover. The rover kicks it to the full forward. The full forward marks it and kicks a goal. One on one contests will be king.

Winning clearances and one on one contests will become even more important.

Agree, can't see the 6-6-6 rule making a huge difference overall. However, I think the overall tactic will be for the midfield setup to be more defensive minded to prevent the ball getting forward quickly from a centre bounce allowing those teams that want that extra defender to do so quite quickly. Might even see a defender start midfield or defensive side of the wing (as you said with a Houli type) to get back quickly and the spare midfielder move from forward line quickly into the middle. Will be interesting to see how it evolves.

TOT70 said:
This is just my two cents’ worth.

I think that the 6-6-6 rule will change the game dramatically for the 10 seconds following each centre bounce and will make zero difference after that. Teams will sag their loose man in defence back as quickly as they can if they so choose and coaches will get their outnumber in defence.

There will still be a role for Houli types but they will start on the wing and be more attacking at centre bounces.

What happens during that ten seconds is critical. The game will revert to its basic form. The ruckman knocks it down to the rover. The rover kicks it to the full forward. The full forward marks it and kicks a goal. One on one contests will be king.

Winning clearances and one on one contests will become even more important.
Agree, in the VFL Trial games players in the back half were starting on the back of the square & the as the ball was bounced they sprinted back into the D50, the games also had little in the way of difference regarding scoring. Just a bunch of nobody's looking for a way to get thier name up in lights!

D85 said:
When he came back into the Oakleigh team, he was told to impose himself at stoppages and set the tone. Every game. Every quarter. Make the opposition worry about him hunting them.

Yeh he doesnt get bulk tackles, because he was always physically relentless at the contest.

Rate him highly. A more attacking Jack Graham
Quicker than jack G .?

Harry said:
Highlights super impressive. Big bodied inside outside midfielder. What are his stats?
He's a ripper. Won the Chargers B&F after only playing 12 games.

Looks to be an astute selection.

Just watched his latest video on the RFC site and he’s already got Cotch’s job in his sights! :clap :hihi

TigerTribe5 said:

Just watched his latest video on the RFC site and he’s already got Cotch’s job in his sights! :clap :hihi

Yeah very confident and composed young lad.

TigerTribe5 said:

He's one of my favourites already. Love his steely look of determination & speaks like a winner.