Jack Ross | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jack Ross

silvertiger

Tiger Rookie
Aug 28, 2014
Im not a huge fan of Selwood , but that comment is ludicrous
Why do respect a player who plays for free kicks? He bleeds after ducking his head playing for free kicks? That is Selwoods legacy - playing for free kicks. I rate players not just how high their highs are but how low their lows are. Playing for free kicks drags down the rating to an extreme low. I think it's ludicrous to rate players highly that play for free kicks. Obviously you think that's ok.

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
Reckon Ross can and will rise to the occasion if he is selected.
He would see playing in a Grand Final as part of his football destiny.
I don't believe he would be over-awed.
Going to need a hard nut terrier in the middle now that Fridge is ruled out.
Manage his time well and he will last the four quarters.

Reactions: 1 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Reckon Ross can and will rise to the occasion if he is selected.
He would see playing in a Grand Final as part of his football destiny.
I don't believe he would be over-awed.
Going to need a hard nut terrier in the middle now that Fridge is ruled out.
Manage his time well and he will last the four quarters.
Bit worried on Ross. Hasn't really shown much recently. I'd rather go for experience with Dash Kam.

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
Bit worried on Ross. Hasn't really shown much recently. I'd rather go for experience with Dash Kam.

Fair enough view, TF
I won't be disappointed if K-Mac is selected because he can provide some flexibility in the roles he could play.
But now that it seems Broad will be playing, I think Ross just gives Richmond that bit of extra grunt around the ball, which will be vital.

Reactions: 1 user

Tigerfan

Roar Power
Apr 28, 2004
Gold Coast (SE - QLD).
Fair enough view, TF
I won't be disappointed if K-Mac is selected because he can provide some flexibility in the roles he could play.
But now that it seems Broad will be playing, I think Ross just gives Richmond that bit of extra grunt around the ball, which will be vital.

Just remember that just because Ross might replace Graham doesn’t mean he necessarily gets graham’s role.

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
Just remember that just because Ross might replace Graham doesn’t mean he necessarily gets graham’s role.

Fully agree with that opinion.
No player could really fill Fridge's role.
Just reckon Ross provides that bit of bite in and under the packs that will be missing now that Graham is on the sidelines.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019

Its a good point. JrOss is superior overhead and could offer an upgrade around the ground if gws try to get aerial on us.

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Ross is a ripper off the field too. After the VFL prelim he emerged from the room with a few die hards including me hanging around. He proceeded to start picking up all the empty beer cans on the asphalt in front of the grandstand and putting them in the bin. Was quite remarkable to watch really.

Reactions: 4 users

tigermike

Tiger Superstar
Apr 6, 2014
Ross is a ripper off the field too. After the VFL prelim he emerged from the room with a few die hards including me hanging around. He proceeded to start picking up all the empty beer cans on the asphalt in front of the grandstand and putting them in the bin. Was quite remarkable to watch really.
Taking after Ivan.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004

So you guys just stood round watching him pick up beer cans?

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users

Spirit of Jack

Only a Tiger premiership can make 2020 a good year
Apr 19, 2004
This story is yet another that is indicative of the culture the club has built - it is sensational. We are going to be a powerhouse for the foreseeable future because we have very talented people with the right values, all throughout the club. We will be stuck in a virtuous cycle and experience sustained success. We are now, a very good club.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Why do respect a player who plays for free kicks? He bleeds after ducking his head playing for free kicks? That is Selwoods legacy - playing for free kicks. I rate players not just how high their highs are but how low their lows are. Playing for free kicks drags down the rating to an extreme low. I think it's ludicrous to rate players highly that play for free kicks. Obviously you think that's ok.

Way over the top. Huge respect for Selwood. One of the toughest and bravest players I've seen. And no he doesn't duck, he drops his shoulder to make tackles slip high. Quite a few players do it. Rule was adjusted and umps no longer pay the free.

Reactions: 2 users

Spirit of Jack

Only a Tiger premiership can make 2020 a good year
Apr 19, 2004
I want to see Ross come in. I remember the start of the year thinking - this kid is a bigger better version of Graham. I now consider Fridge a legend of the club based on the 2017 GF and 2019 PF heroics, and I reckon Ross is just as capable of writing his own positive chapter in Tiger history this weekend.

Reactions: 1 users

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
Way over the top. Huge respect for Selwood. One of the toughest and bravest players I've seen. And no he doesn't duck, he drops his shoulder to make tackles slip high. Quite a few players do it. Rule was adjusted and umps no longer pay the free.

Sorry but I just can’t abide by the bloke at all
He still gets way more than his fair share of those “ducken” high tackles.
Arrogant tosser too.