Jack Ross | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jack Ross

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Ross had one of the best debuts I've ever seen from a Tiger in that win vs Poort last year.

Get him in.
And what a great win it was. Coming off losses to the Pies and GWS, and missing Dusty, Chimp, Riewoldt and Rance it helped get our season back on track.

Reactions: 5 users

wigglyworm

Tiger Matchwinner
Jan 22, 2008
Lets not put too much pressure on him. Yes he had a couple of fantastic games but lets not forget he got dropped last year after a couple of really average games (the last games he played).

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
His season was a good one, maybe he just ran out of steam, it was a shame he got hobbled by Fyfe his game against the Eagles in that memorable win was probably one of his lesser games and i think his last.

Wasnt his best day had a few bad turnovers but his debut season was a very good one.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Lets not put too much pressure on him. Yes he had a couple of fantastic games but lets not forget he got dropped last year after a couple of really average games (the last games he played).
I'd say he played well in his first game back. After missing 12 games he had 21 disposals, 7 tackles and 6 clearances. His second game before he was dropped he had 11 possessions, but only had 55% game time.

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Robbo and everyone are drooling over Rozee, sure he's a good young kid, and is going to be a good player, but our boy Jack is, and will be better.
Our man has only played 7 games, he got 25 possessions on debut and 28 in his 3rd game. Rozze hasn't got better than 22 possessions in 24 games.

Rozee looks a star. Ross is more a role player - not comparable really and would be pleasantly surprised if Ross had anywhere near the career of Rozee.

Reactions: 1 users

Tiger Pops

Tiger Champion
Apr 22, 2008
Melbourne
Ross looked so good from game 1 until he did he ankle. I just hope we have not "over coached" him, playing him of half back and suppressing his instinctive play. With Martin not playing tonight even more reason to throw him in the middle and just say go for it son! Dont play him of a half back flank - we have several others that can play that role well.

eddazol

Tiger Superstar
Sep 22, 2014
Ross looked so good from game 1 until he did he ankle. I just hope we have not "over coached" him, playing him of half back and suppressing his instinctive play. With Martin not playing tonight even more reason to throw him in the middle and just say go for it son! Dont play him of a half back flank - we have several others that can play that role well.
I agree put him in the midfield - he has shown promise so far

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Looks to be a dead set inside mid to me, but who am I to question the powers that be.

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Rozee looks a star. Ross is more a role player - not comparable really and would be pleasantly surprised if Ross had anywhere near the career of Rozee.

Correct, Rozee already showing all the signs of being a freakish player.

However still think you will end up being pleasantly surprised when Ross becomes a version of Cotch.

Reactions: 2 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Correct, Rozee already showing all the signs of being a freakish player.

However still think you will end up being pleasantly surprised when Ross becomes a version of Cotch.

Rozee could also be in danger of becoming the next Chad Wingard also with all the adoration and smoke being blown up his arse in Radelaide.

Reactions: 1 user

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Great to have Jack back where he belongs, all he needed was an opportunity, he won't let anyone down.

shad

Tiger Champion
Apr 6, 2010
Castlemaine
The consensus from the game day thread was that he was poor, but I didn't think he looked too bad first up.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
All of his best games were before his foot injury. He hasn't got near that level after the injury. Hopefully the injury is not an issue for him going because I'd love to see him get back to the form of his first few games. He was bloody brilliant before the injury.

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
As I said on the game day thread, I reckon he's dropped too much weight. He's not as powerful as he was last year.

Reactions: 2 users