Jack Ross | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jack Ross

Not our worst but his handling was pretty poor. Doesn't play when the big boys are back.

Reactions: 1 user
Noticed him more in the second half........ though 17 disposals would suggest that he had a pretty good game.

Noticed him more in the second half........ though 17 disposals would suggest that he had a pretty good game.

He was definitely more noticeable in the final quarter when Cotch was on the bench, seemed to get the same role as Cotch when he was off the ground.

7 touches in the last quarter out of his 17.

Reactions: 2 users
High stats, but is often slow with the ball and does a short kick sideways or backwards.

Given the club played RCD at centre in the VFL game after game I am thinking RCD is the planned long term centre

RCD hasn't played a game yet. Yet to see how he will translate to AFL level let alone secure a long-term centre spot.

I thought his game was a sign of return to form. Wasn't to the same level as his games last year, but there were glimpses

Reactions: 3 users
He showed off his ability to keep his arms free to fire off handballs when getting tackled last night. Very useful skill in tight.

Reactions: 1 users
Fumbled and lost his footing on several occasions.
Did get some cleaner possession as the game went on but looked very rusty for mine. Plays again but needs to show he’s better than Graham

I wish they'd bulk him up again to be the natural bull that he is but I also trust they know what they are doing with him.

I thought he would be the perfect type to fill out and be our updated Ollie Wines type.

Come to think of it, our game style doesn't require a big brute, it's more about the engine to go from contest to contest. Makes sense I suppose.

I think he will be a player but he strikes me now as someone who would benefit from a few weeks in the vfl playing in the guts. Unfortunately he won't get that chance

Ross, like Stack has lost his confidence. They both fumble and get caught with the ball - but they are both slowly building - getting back their confidence, little by little. We will be rewarded if we persist with playing them.

Reactions: 4 users
Ross, like Stack has lost his confidence. They both fumble and get caught with the ball - but they are both slowly building - getting back their confidence, little by little. We will be rewarded if we persist with playing them.

Good comments, SoJ
Agree that they need to be persisted with.

It is a difficult one with the players who are currently out though. He will struggle to keep his place and that will limit his development.

We need to keep playing the stars but trying to hold on to the young players who we will need when they retire is looking problematic.

DS

Thought he was poor last night. His hands are letting him down in congestion, where this was his strength last year. Thought Stack took a step forward from last week but Ross took a step back.

Reactions: 1 users
Ross needs to stay in the team let him develop for a few more games , he is a tough guy and can play ..