Jack Ross | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jack Ross

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
At Marvel, generally outside of 2018 i think most of our recent games have been at Marvel which for some reason makes a difference ....

We don't call it Chernobyl for nothing.

The trouble with Ross being too lean is that he should be a midfield bull, they are using him elsewhere in positions we need speed, get him back to the midfield and let him bulk up.

DS

Reactions: 1 users

Tigers2011

What did I miss dad?
May 6, 2007
Mt Waverley, Victoria
We don't call it Chernobyl for nothing.

The trouble with Ross being too lean is that he should be a midfield bull, they are using him elsewhere in positions we need speed, get him back to the midfield and let him bulk up.

DS
I was in Adelaide last year for the Port game & Ross was outstanding as a midfielder. Like watching a young Mark Coughlan. Why not persevere with him there? I don’t understand trying to make a player learn another position when he hasn’t been given an extended chance in his preferred role. We’ve got to become a better clearance/contested ball team & with Bolton, Ross & Stack (when they give him midfield time), there’s a chance for that to happen.

Reactions: 2 users

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
I wonder whether he plays inside midfield or wing/half back. I hope it is the latter.

Reactions: 1 user

T-Shirt Tommy

Have you got the oven on?
Apr 11, 2011
Got to play inside Mid for mine. No where else please.

Staggering considering that the side is screaming out for young mids to break into the team.

The club has done a truckload right the past few years but they got this one wrong IMO.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Worked into it after battling a bit early. Started to find the ball in the 2nd half. Pretty pleased with that performance from Jack & he should take some confidence from it.

Reactions: 5 users

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Not a bad game. The buzz cut helps. Now he just needs to get his big arse back and get back winning ball for us in the guts!

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Yep thought he got better as the game went on. Needs to model his game on Cripps. Win contested ball, keep the arms high and free, and dish off to teamates.

Ice

Tiger Superstar
Jul 18, 2006
Yep
Even though he hasn’t shown it this year - those first 5-6 games he played last year can’t have been all fluke
He showed then that he can be a class footballer

Agreed. Stack in the same boat.

TigerPort

Tiger Champion
Jun 29, 2006
NSW
Played well & got better as the game went. Centre is his spot. Just let him play. Will be a player. A true midfielder with class.

Given the club played RCD at centre in the VFL game after game I am thinking RCD is the planned long term centre