Jack Ross | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jack Ross

Ross, like Stack has lost his confidence. They both fumble and get caught with the ball - but they are both slowly building - getting back their confidence, little by little. We will be rewarded if we persist with playing them.

Actually thought Stack looked noticeably more relaxed last night than the week before (OK 4 days before) and played better because of it - or vice versa

Ross hasn’t recovered his 2019 form but he’s showing glimpses.
Agree with keeping him in the team though.

Reactions: 1 users
Dosent look like the beast he was when he first got to the club, no doubt his fitter, I just liked his size he was for an inside mid role , plus hairs to long

Thought he was ok. Better than last week. Reckon cotch comes in for one of ross or stack. Flip of the coin.

Thought he was ok. Better than last week. Reckon cotch comes in for one of ross or stack. Flip of the coin.
Yeah wasn’t the worst, should have got a good education about clearance work standing beside Boak at most bounces

Reactions: 1 user
Fumbled and lost his footing on several occasions.
Did get some cleaner possession as the game went on but looked very rusty for mine. Plays again but needs to show he’s better than Graham

Luckily for Ross , Fridgey has had the fumbles and has been two and three grabbing the footy all year, and as slow as a Covid Lockdown.

I like this kid. Hope he stays in.

Late in the game, huge pressure and vocal crowd, and he was still hunting the footy and very involved.

Great sign

Reactions: 3 users
Baby steps. I too think it was another small step forward for JR. Seemed to spend more time in the midfield & although we were beaten soundly in there, he'll be another youngster to benefit from that experience. Keep playing him.

Baby steps. I too think it was another small step forward for JR. Seemed to spend more time in the midfield & although we were beaten soundly in there, he'll be another youngster to benefit from that experience. Keep playing him.
Agree , yesterday actually shows how desperately we need to get games into our younger midfielders.

Even though we were getting flogged in there I like the fact Dimma kept faith in the kids in there

Even though we were getting flogged in there I like the fact Dimma kept faith in the kids in there
Balta too.
Sometimes it does my head in when Dimma refuses to make a change, but yesterday he was playing the long game.
Expose the kids to finals like intensity.
It will pay dividends for sure.

I struggle to see it with Ross. Well beaten all day. Yeh he's young but don't see him being any more than a Conca type backup. Prefer to persist with Stack in the midfield. His upside is enormous.

Ross had a good game tonight Great strong tackling hurting the opposition and kept putting in

Reactions: 5 users
Played pretty well. Can be slow in getting ball to foot. Suspect he makes way for Edwards.

Reactions: 1 user