Jack Ross | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jack Ross

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Thought he was really good. Easily the best he's played since the foot injury last year. Not sure he can hold his spot this year but if he can play to that level he'll have a big future with us.

Reactions: 1 users

TigerPort

Tiger Champion
Jun 29, 2006
NSW
Re the weight loss reckon it could be a plan by the club. Strip the weight off and rebuild the body for proper inside work.

Reactions: 1 user

kiwitiger

Go the AllBlacks, the Storm , and the Tigers.
Jul 28, 2004
Looked composed in heavy traffic , and was good defensively, probably loses his spot due to players coming in , but is good to see him playing well

Reactions: 1 users

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
I’m a massive fan. As others have said, will likely make way for Edwards but he’s good back up and long term he’s going to be great.

Me too. Hasn't had the best season in trying times but he's still very young. Second most score involvements despite only 71% game time. Looked really comfortable in the coal face. I do think though he will make way for Edwards. But as you say a long term lock.

Reactions: 2 users

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
I thought it was Jack Ross's best AFL game. More measured, bit more attentive defensively and very good use. Six score involvements.

Reactions: 7 users

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
With Kmac, Pickett , Skip , Graham and Ross there should be plenty of pressure on the oppositions mids during the Finals

T-Shirt Tommy

Have you got the oven on?
Apr 11, 2011
I thought it was Jack Ross's best AFL game. More measured, bit more attentive defensively and very good use. Six score involvements.

2nd best game IMO.

His best game was his debut against Port last year. For a first gamer he was epic.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
what about Aarts for Edwards?

I'm tipping this change.

Adelaide's midfield finding some form will see Ross probably get another game.

Ross unfortunately for him in a few weeks is an easy omission for Dion, if he is fit and ready,save for injury or suspension.

Aarts out as our forward rotations can return to last September with Rioli. George, Shai, Lambo and Sheds running through there with Dusty.

He's likely one that wont hold his spot for mine unfortunately for him his form has dipped a little.

The Tigers will set up for full run and gun in September which will likely cost Aartsy his place and also might stop Caddy from playing when Tommy returns.

If Caddy doesn't play as a forward with Tommy out, I doubt we will see him on the field for the Tigers this year again save for injury or suspension.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
agreed had alot more poise, great game

Agree but it was like his first few games last year when right from the start he just looked safe and assured
I assumed he’d be straight back to that form this year but it’s taken a while
Even if he’s to lose his spot in a week or two to - say Prestia - it’s good to think we have a good long term prospect

Reactions: 5 users

Rancey18

Tiger Champion
Mar 15, 2014
2nd best game IMO.

His best game was his debut against Port last year. For a first gamer he was epic.
Incredibly he didnt receive the Rising Star nomination for that effort. 29 touches in your debut playing an inside role, playing interstate, half your best team missing. Lol.

• Wow
Reactions: 5 users

wigglyworm

Tiger Matchwinner
Jan 22, 2008
Incredibly he didnt receive the Rising Star nomination for that effort. 29 touches in your debut playing an inside role, playing interstate, half your best team missing. Lol.
That cause Brad J doesnt even watch the games.

Reactions: 1 user

Mantikorr

Tiger Superstar
Apr 26, 2006
I don’t disagree however, we do seem to back our self to lose a centre clearance , win the ball wt half back and sling shot
Yep, would like to see effective clearance numbers. Most of them are either pressured hack kicks that go sideways or straight to our intercepting backs, or a pressured handball that ends up in another stoppage or a hack kick

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
I don’t disagree however, we do seem to back our self to lose a centre clearance , win the ball wt half back and sling shot
The stats might say we got beaten at clearances but it didn't feel that way. Unlike the Port and Freo games

Reactions: 4 users