Jack Ross | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jack Ross

For some reason I don't like Ross and Graham in the side together.

Shadow of the kid we saw in 2019..

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user
Still only 21 games but has never looked as assured as in the first few. Hard to tell what his role is from the TV. Who played on Smith?
No one! He seemed to start out of the square (but rarely on the wings) but then was everywhere. Geelong were rotating their wings after the centre bounces a lot, that is, whoever was lining up there then seemed to play elsewhere.

Harsh Carter. Is being played out of position. He ain’t a winger. But in saying that he had a very good first half.
Perfect example of how you stifle a kids development by playing them out of position

Perfect example of how you stifle a kids development by playing them out of position
In Rossco's defence he's not being played to his strengths (the club's number one mantra). Wind back the clock to his debut year, play him in the guts and train him in the gym to put on 5 kgs of muscle. We need a bull in the middle

I don't know why people say this, the club's mantra is system, system, system, trust the system, a soldier goes down another soldier takes his place ... in the system.

I don't know why people say this, the club's mantra is system, system, system, trust the system, a soldier goes down another soldier takes his place ... in the system.
Currently you can only apply that to Melbourne Storm
Were nowhere near being able to implement that philosophy

Reactions: 1 users
Correct however when soldier cotchin goes down who is the inside bull in our system soldier ross should be replacing him in that role. Play players to their strengths.

Reactions: 2 users

a footballers brain should be able to work at the required speed irrespective of the part of the ground they are on.

I feel for him and wanted him to succeed after his debut, but reckon he’s too slow in every way.

Will only get games when whilst we have a long injury list. Not even close to best 22 in any good team.

Will only get games when whilst we have a long injury list. Not even close to best 22 in any good team.
16 games over the 2019 (lost place due to injury - emergency for the GF) and 2020 (where we were premiers in both years), indicates he was close to best 22 in a "good team". Unless you didnt view us as a good team.

1 tackle was the stat that will find him in the 2's next week, despite our injuries

RCD had 6 will keep him in

The game changed with that turnover in the third. Wasn't able to step up unfortunately.
Go back 3 possessions and you will find that Rioli the momentum killer was the cause of Ross not having any options.

Rioli had an easy target 25 metres up the line but held the play up for about 8 seconds which allowed Geelong to flood our 50 mt arc he then kicked it 25 meters sideways.

Reactions: 6 users

Yes, but what we learned in 2017 was play to your players' strengths. The system is adjusted depending on the skills of the players available. You can't just plug in a slowish centre to play on the wing, doesn't actually fit our system which requires gut running defending wingers. You have to balance the elements.

DS

Reactions: 2 users
Yes, but what we learned in 2017 was play to your players' strengths. The system is adjusted depending on the skills of the players available. You can't just plug in a slowish centre to play on the wing, doesn't actually fit our system which requires gut running defending wingers. You have to balance the elements.

DS
We are having trouble finding the second wingman with Pickett moved elsewhere. Ross and Caddy too slow. Naish might be worth a try but he may not be physical enough for the defensive aspect.