Jack Ross | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jack Ross

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
He will get his chance we've got two elite inside mids who are having trouble getting on the park. We have too many similar types in the lineup hence Hugo gets his opportunity.
Ross will be back.
Isn’t this the time for him to be getting his chance? When we are desperate for mids? He’s in big trouble as far as his list spot goes.

Tigers2011

What did I miss dad?
May 6, 2007
Mt Waverley, Victoria
I hope Rossy's got a strong tolerance otherwise he's gonna walk away at season's end.
Perhaps but when he next gets a chance, he has to play better. Whether it’s the foot injury he got or whether he was always this pace, he’s just not quick & agile. Therefore what are his strengths - contested ball, elite distribution etc? Whatever they are, we need to see them. I can’t believe this is the same player I watched debut against Port in Adelaide.

Reactions: 1 users

daniel30

Tiger Superstar
Jun 14, 2010
Hopefully a better showing from him needs to have more impact and kicking needs to be better.

Reactions: 1 user

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Hopefully a better showing from him needs to have more impact and kicking needs to be better.
Sadly he's reminding me of Dan Butler in 19 where he looks nervous and indecisive which to some extent, if you're unsure where you fit in is understandable but a huge worry when the heat is on.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Sadly he's reminding me of Dan Butler in 19 where he looks nervous and indecisive which to some extent, if you're unsure where you fit in is understandable but a huge worry when the heat is on.
5 times this year as sub. Personally I think he's been mis-managed. That's a lot of footy he's missed playing. Doesn't help the confidence of a youngster. Should be sharing sub duties alot more. I think with a good string of games he will be an integral part of the midfield.

Reactions: 2 users

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
5 times this year as sub. Personally I think he's been mis-managed. That's a lot of footy he's missed playing. Doesn't help the confidence of a youngster.
I agree @tigerlove ..... I posted earlier on in the season that the stupid 23rd man sub was going to be detrimental to Jack's career and it appears my fears were correct. I hope they just make it 5 on the bench in 22 and in the interim that he get's a good run at it.

Reactions: 1 users

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
With naish and ralphsmith in the side reckon he plays mid instead of wing.

ceehook2

Tiger Matchwinner
Feb 11, 2021
the run the Ross has had , it's going to go one of two ways

steel him up and put fire in the belly

or

break him and kill his spirit

it's a tough gig trying to get a run in first grade at Richmond !!!

credit to him to get this far and I hope he finds that extra 5%

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Surprised at the knockers. First few games were eye-opening good. He's now changed body shape and really hasn't had a run of games in his preferred position. The optimist in me thinks Dimma is playing him in different roles to become a more rounded footballer, and/or he thinks Ross can play other roles than what he always had.

Not sure Dimma would invest in Ross's development if he didn't think he'd make it. We have plenty of other kids who we could invest that time and opportunity into.

Reactions: 4 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
the run the Ross has had , it's going to go one of two ways

steel him up and put fire in the belly

or

break him and kill his spirit

it's a tough gig trying to get a run in first grade at Richmond !!!

credit to him to get this far and I hope he finds that extra 5%

The fact they keep picking him indicates he was handling being the sub perfectly fine.