Jack Ross | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jack Ross

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
He’s got to get a few games under his belt and not as a medical sub.
We couldn’t expect him to pick up the pace of tonight’s game after his lack of game time this year.
So many excuses. Always. It’s not the first time he’s played footy. He’s average. He’s backup.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Im sorry kids.
With hopefully 6 new kids coming in this year.
I wouldn't keep him
Looks slower then Graham, hasn't got the hunger to hunt the ball.
Thats why he will be gone

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
Pl
No idea what role he was playing but it couldnt have been mid. Was either not on the ground much or ran away from every contest.

Played on the wing a fair bit. God knows why we persist with doing that. He's an inside mid and always will be. Naish and Ross on the wings and McIntosh played back. We are all over the place with our positions

Reactions: 5 users

btoz_01

Tiger Legend
Apr 5, 2004
Wingers are supposed to be fast, take the game on run and bounce, take marks and run all day
Ross is none of that it’s midfield or nothing

Reactions: 1 user

toothless

Tiger Champion
Aug 16, 2009
Pl

Played on the wing a fair bit. God knows why we persist with doing that. He's an inside mid and always will be. Naish and Ross on the wings and McIntosh played back. We are all over the place with our positions
Thanks @BrisTiger24 , that explains a lot of what went wrong (playing players out of position). McIntosh and Pickett back to the wing IMO

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Geez, how can we not play McIntosh and Pickett on the wings, that was the best wing combo I've seen for a long time.

Ross has to be dropped. He is contributing very little. Maybe you could give him a few full games in the middle to see if he can cut it but I just can't see it, not could I justify selecting him.

DS

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Jack was working my confirmation bias pretty hard last night.

vfl

• Haha

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Massive disappointment. Has lost all desire for the contest. Where is the Ross from his first few games? Looked like he was gonna develop into a ball winning machine. Have we overloaded him with demands on field coverage and running that he's forgotten how to win the ball. Is sagging back from contests more concerned about covering the exits than winning the ball. Starting to think the way we are developing him may be adversely affecting his game.

Reactions: 1 users

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Haven’t been as excited as others about JR , been a nightmare of management for the kid this year though, however really thought he’d be a solid tough foot soldier 100 gamer, however won’t give up on him yet, though in saying that Id still move him on in a package to upgrade ( no value atm) , for me it’s back to VFL for atleast a month playing as a pure inside mid , then hopefully he can find real form and get another opportunity before it’s to late

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Massive disappointment. Has lost all desire for the contest. Where is the Ross from his first few games? Looked like he was gonna develop into a ball winning machine. Have we overloaded him with demands on field coverage and running that he's forgotten how to win the ball. Is sagging back from contests more concerned about covering the exits than winning the ball. Starting to think the way we are developing him may be adversely affecting his game.
maybe he is just not as good as we thought and his lack of.progression is nothing to do with the club. This is not uncommon.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Pretty poor last night but like RCD I’m just gonna continue to watch him out for the rest of the year before writing him out or in.

Has some talent. Not useless. Sometimes wonder if we’re giving him the right role or not. Who knows. He’ll need to find something. There’s some things there, but whether he’ll find and demonstrate them or not, “time will tell” over the rest of the season, to use a boring cliche.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
maybe he is just not as good as we thought and his lack of.progression is nothing to do with the club. This is not uncommon.
Nah, was playing much better in his first few games and showed no hesitation at the ball and man. His mindset has definitely changed.

HeadandShin

Burning bright
Sep 17, 2007
Melbourne
I choose an unfashionable player to support the loudest each year, and this season it’s him. Shorty, KMac and Bakes have done me proud (and Butler before them), so I have faith in Ross. Needs to be allowed to settle into a role, with the spotlight elsewhere, and he’ll turn into a solid soldier.