Jack Ross | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jack Ross

tora

Tiger Rookie
Dec 10, 2021
He is the logical choice to come in for Cotch, let's hope he grabs the opportunity as there certainly is one boith now and in the future. He is only 21 and appears too good for VFL. Personally I have hiogher hopes for Dow, and Sonsie also appears to have much greater long term scope but Ross has size and experience on those two.

As others suggest I hope its not a wing that he plays despite wanting to see Marlkion in the guts. Against the Cats I think we need KMac and Marlion controlling the wings. Isaac Smith has always troubled us.
I'm a Ross fan when he's inside mid and with cotch out, Ross is a great replacement. Dusty IN for Clarke.
I'm not sure about kpd. Miller in good form in the VFL so should reward that. I mean KPFs have been doing well against us lately and we still find a way to win.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
True TF but he looked a lot better than RCD.
Looks like a bust to me unfortunately. For his size he's just not strong enough at the ball. Out of contract, will be interesting to see what we do. He starts next year as a 23yo.

jimbob

Tiger Superstar
Jul 20, 2008
Traralgon
Looks like a bust to me unfortunately. For his size he's just not strong enough at the ball. Out of contract, will be interesting to see what we do. He starts next year as a 23yo.
I think we all had such high hopes of him being our big bodied midfielder but not to be by the look of it

Reactions: 1 user

Ghost of 29

Handball - its just a fad!!
Aug 16, 2008
The way many on here apply the ruler on Ross is ridiculous. He was pick 43, last pick of the 2nd round and is performing better than most players taken around that pick and is basically what you would expect for a kid taken at that pick.
Is starting to dominate at VFL which is the stepping stone to being a solid contributor at AFL. You don’t just throw kids like him away.

• Love
Reactions: 21 users

Tass

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 3, 2005
The way many on here apply the ruler on Ross is ridiculous. He was pick 43, last pick of the 2nd round and is performing better than most players taken around that pick and is basically what you would expect for a kid taken at that pick.
Is starting to dominate at VFL which is the stepping stone to being a solid contributor at AFL. You don’t just throw kids like him away.
Especially considering the path a number of our revered premiership heroes have taken

Reactions: 1 users

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Born Feb 2000, so starts next year's season as a 23yo, unless my info is wrong.
Edit: I think I see the confusion, I was referring to RCD, not obvious in my initial reply.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

tora

Tiger Rookie
Dec 10, 2021
I thought Dow, RCD would overtake him this year. Not so. I'd like to retain Dow and Ross. RCD just hasn't developed to an AFL level

T-Shirt Tommy

Have you got the oven on?
Apr 11, 2011
Any chance that the club can play him onball, rather than on the wing or half back if they bring him into the seniors?

Pretty sure that's where he's been playing in the seconds.

Reactions: 1 users

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
A lad who has the goods to be a steady AFL player if only consistently picked to play in a position he can grow into instead of moving him all over the ground.

Reactions: 2 users

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
A lad who has the goods to be a steady AFL player if only consistently picked to play in a position he can grow into instead of moving him all over the ground.
Hope he plays midfield. He has the body to help Prestia.
I also want to see Pickett in there to ‘hurt’ some bodies.

Reactions: 7 users

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
The next month will be the biggest in his career. If he has a good month he will get a very decent contract. And Cotchin might see the writing on the wall.

If he is poor will be getting a one year deal on basic pay with incentives.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Even though I don’t see him any more then a fringe player, I’m wrapt he’s got another go, certainly has earns it , hope he plays a blinder and we remember this as his break out game .

Reactions: 2 users

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
The next month will be the biggest in his career. If he has a good month he will get a very decent contract. And Cotchin might see the writing on the wall.

If he is poor will be getting a one year deal on basic pay with incentives.

I doubt he'll get more than a shade beyond the minimum and unless he somehow goes up 2 or 3 levels, I can't imagine his play forcing any decision on Cotchin's future. Ross has a lot of ground to make up and not a lot of time.