Jack Ross | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jack Ross

dimmauchamp

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2003
Thought his 2nd half was fantastic. All about confidence for Ross. Watched his first game the other day and looked so composed and solid with the ball. Hoping a few more decent games and he builds from there

Reactions: 6 users

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
Credit where it’s due. Well done young fella.

His kicking, which has been one of my major knocks, has improved.

There was the goal in Q1 but also a deft field kick around the same time. It was weighted perfectly and I didn’t think he had it in him.

Very pleased.

Reactions: 3 users

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
Was very good. Was prepared to absorb a bit of pressure before he released his handball as well which was the team thing to do.

Reactions: 1 users

RoarEmotion

Tiger Champion
Aug 20, 2005
Really needed a player of this age to come on. Think he now has the confidence and self belief - great for him and all of us supporters too. Hopefully can get a good run injury wise and maintain the 2nd half level of output.

Reactions: 2 users

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Keep playing him, those edges will get polished.

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
Building. Belongs. Belief.

Ross needs to trust himself. As an under 18 he was rated a good kick. People don't lose their skills. They might struggle with the speed of the game, but for Ross, continuity at the level is helping him adjust. Need to back him.

Reactions: 6 users

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
The way I look at Ross now is , playing solid ok footy , however we need better , just isn’t a premiership mid imho , will continue to be in an out of the side for a couple more years as depth , however I think we’ve seen his best and if we want to be a middle of the road team we keep if we want flags we move on

Reactions: 1 user

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Getting games and improving game by game. I think we underestimate how much that injury in ‘19 and then subsequent Covid conditions impacted him.

• Wow

shawry

Tiger Legend
Apr 14, 2003
Adelaide, Australia
The way I look at Ross now is , playing solid ok footy , however we need better , just isn’t a premiership mid imho , will continue to be in an out of the side for a couple more years as depth , however I think we’ve seen his best and if we want to be a middle of the road team we keep if we want flags we move on
Depth is a very important part of premiership sides too, He is getting opportunity and building, too harsh I think.

RoarEmotion

Tiger Champion
Aug 20, 2005
Need to compare who he will be in a couple of years and the cost of keeping him against 5th / 6th rotation. And also value as depth vs alternates. Disagree completely. Need players like who I think he will be over next couple of years as he heads towards prime years of 26/27 so you can afford silk like Bolton and attract talent in too. Can he be as good as grigg/graham were in 17 team in a couple of years time?

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Need to compare who he will be in a couple of years and the cost of keeping him against 5th / 6th rotation. And also value as depth vs alternates. Disagree completely. Need players like who I think he will be over next couple of years as he heads towards prime years of 26/27 so you can afford silk like Bolton and attract talent in too. Can he be as good as grigg/graham were in 17 team in a couple of years time?
Totally agree RE except I differ on how good he will be , I don’t think he can be anywhere near Grigg as a footballer and imho he’s not going to be as good as Graham is now.

Im happy to be wrong , I’ve just seen enough now that has me believe he just dosent have enough tools to be part of a midfield premiership rotation, lacks pace, average kick, not super clean with hands , gets muscled out by the AFL mids , however he’s tough, gives it everything , just more suited to a slower style of footy imho.

Reactions: 2 users

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
You're going too early mate. Just played over 40 games and is still improving. The trend line is up, not flat.

People said the same stuff about Grigg, Houli, Edwards. Patience is a virtue. If he gets to 60 games, and has plateaued, I'd be happy to keep him as depth.

Reactions: 4 users

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
You're going too early mate. Just played over 40 games and is still improving. The trend line is up, not flat.

People said the same stuff about Grigg, Houli, Edwards. Patience is a virtue. If he gets to 60 games, and has plateaued, I'd be happy to keep him as depth.
He’s got enough fans like yourself mate that give me hope I’ve got him wrong , I think we need to find better

Reactions: 1 user