Jackson Browne Concert | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jackson Browne Concert

A

admin

Is anyone else going to see Jackson Browne in February?
I got my tickets yesterday and was surprised and really rapt to see that Richard Clapton and Wendy Matthews are also going to be performing.
I was just wondering if they were the support acts for the whole Australian tour?

(Not really expecting a reply seeing I don't know one other person who loves Jackson Browne, ha)

A

admin

Richard Clapton would be good to see.
I'm looking forward to it Julz. It must be 20 years since I last saw Richard Clapton. Come to think of it, the records I have of his are probably that old too.
I wonder if he's aged better than me. :rollin

It's probably 10-15 years since I've seen Jackson Browne too but have every cd....I love the guy. :santa

Have never seen Wendy Matthews live but she couldn't help but be wonderful. Sexy voice, ha.

The outdoor winery setting should be great in Feb.

I haven't been to a concert for years. Am hanging out for the Eagles next year, then I might retire......well after I go to America and be a Dead Head for a few months I will. :cheekysanta

mellowyellow

Tiger Matchwinner
Dec 18, 2002
I don't know one other person who loves Jackson Browne, ha)

Nice to see some of us appreciate the works of jb rosy.I've been a fan of him for years and the wife understanding my respect and affection for his musical style bought me his newest album, sorry disc....can't get out of that habit, The naked ride home for christmas.

I had plans as early a 3 months ago to catch him at the Palais in feb but those plans have fallen threw :mad: but i hope the evening is travelog of all his great songs over the last 30 years.

if you havn't got his latest disc it is a worthy inclusion and veers away from his more preachy political influences from his previous few albums. Some of the melodies are even reminiscent of his seventies material.

mellowyellow

Tiger Matchwinner
Dec 18, 2002
cd mellow cd, not disc no one says disc  ;)[/quote

Sorry again its not really a hard learning curve is it? cd,cd .....arrh stuff it i'll stick with album, those of that distant generation wil understand the speak. ;D

A

admin

Nice to see some of us appreciate the works of jb rosy.
Wow MY, I didn't see this post till now.  I love JB too and have every "record" and cd he's released, much to my kids horror.
Since I've mastered doing a spreadsheet and have listed all my music, I've found out I have more than one copy of some as well.

The kids tell me I am stuck in a time warp of old dope smoking hippy music.
"Geez, what's wrong with that" I ask them, ha. ;D

P.S. Saw Jackson Browne at the Palais once upon a lifetime ago. Great concert, but I've opted for the open air winery one this time for a change. Will let you know how it goes.

mellowyellow

Tiger Matchwinner
Dec 18, 2002
I'm suprised the kids have let you keep all those Neil Young albums rosy, gee now that really evokes the heady days of the counter culture although i was a little to young for its influences 8)

I dont have every album of JB"s 8, but i really like Everyman , Saturate before using and Pretender,fairly introspective and personal albums but none the less enjoyable. His mid to late eighties material excluding Hold Out were a disappointment but none the less 1 of his albums always gets played at least 1 a week.

By any chance do you know if David lindley is touring with him ? i know that there was some talk of him touring with jb again,i loved that evocative slide guitar anf fiddle work off Running On Empty.

Enjoy i'm envious.

A

admin

I much, much prefer the earlier half dozen records too MY. Same with Neil Young.
Prefer the love , or lack of as the case may be, songs to the political ones, ha. Prefer the acoustic style to the heavier later stuff.
I don't think David Linley is touring, but could be wrong. ( Fingers crossed ;D )
Would kill to listen to JB and DL sining "Stay" live together.
(The kids reckon he must wear his jocks too tight, haha)

mellowyellow

Tiger Matchwinner
Dec 18, 2002
Would kill to listen to JB and DL sining "Stay" live together.
(The kids reckon he must wear his jocks too tight, haha)

Have a listen to 1 of the backing singers on his 2 cd set Best of.. live & Looking East. The attempt to give it the same feel as dl was cringe material of the highest order. :-[

A

admin

Somehow I don't think I'll like that version MY, but it's a good excuse to go into Gaslight to have a listen when I'm in Melbourne in a couple of days.
As if I need an excuse to visit Gaslight, ha. ;D

mellowyellow

Tiger Matchwinner
Dec 18, 2002
While driving home today i happened to catch an interview on the drive program,(abc774) so if your interested you might be able to listen to J.B being interviewed by lynne Hualtrain by logging onto the site in the next day or so and follow the audio link. 8)