Jacob Townsend | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jacob Townsend

id hope we could offer him a VFL spot if he was up for it. Quality bloke, tough and sets the type of examples you want others to show.

Reactions: 1 user
Campbell Brown calling for Towner to come in and play on Nick Haynes as a defensive forward. .. reckons it's worked before!;)

Reactions: 1 users
There's no doubt that they will be coming for us physically. Mumford playing his last game is a worry. I heard someone say that Green has been reported in nearly every final he's played so he will probably ramp it up even more for a granny. Townsend may be worth a spot as insurance in case it gets a bit ugly.

gee it would be tempting to play his,,his hardness would be a weapon...i can just see him sprinting 20 yards like a bull train and smacking thuggy greene into the turf and then rubbing his face in it

If Towner gets picked It will be a bloodbath bigger than the South Melbourne Grand Final in the 1940's

We are overdue for one - I expect GWS will bring baseball bats. If we don't turn up for a dog fight they will win.

gee it would be tempting to play his,,his hardness would be a weapon...i can just see him sprinting 20 yards like a bull train and smacking thuggy greene into the turf and then rubbing his face in it
Nathan Jones style.........**** that was a hit, Jones just crouched down, game going on around him, clutching at his ribs trying to see if they were all still there!

If Towner gets picked It will be a bloodbath bigger than the South Melbourne Grand Final in the 1940's

We are overdue for one - I expect GWS will bring baseball bats. If we don't turn up for a dog fight they will win.

Exactly Tigertime!

I expect Mummy, Greene, Cameron to try to intimidate and even go some cheap shots.

Last game of the year.
First premiership on the cards. History.

I expect reports.

If we are not on from the start and ready to stand up , we will lose.

Would love Townsend but I doubt the MC & Dimma will roll the dice. Same with Pickett. Gee these two would be huge.

It will a brutal, tough & dirty game (by GWS).

No passengers & no timid plays on Saturday.
Reputations are born, earned, ruined & it’s a long way back to redeem yourself!

I have no doubt GWS are going to throw the kitchen sink at the Tigers. Why wouldn't they. Got nothing to lose in some respects.
That said, the Tigers will no doubt be prepared for a full on assault and won't be deterred by any argy bargy. They will be focused on hurting GWS by winning the contested ball and making them pay that way.

I too am fully expecting a bloodbath.

Graham and Nank will be underdone, alongside Cotchin, Martin, and Broad.

We cannot go into a Grand Final with a quarter of the team not in 100% condition, especially for a bloodbath.

I’m not sure what the answer is, but I’ve expressed concern about our physicality for several weeks and GWS will be even tougher than our previous opponents, so I’d love to watch us bully them from the opening bounce.

I have no doubt GWS are going to throw the kitchen sink at the Tigers. Why wouldn't they. Got nothing to lose in some respects.
That said, the Tigers will no doubt be prepared for a full on assault and won't be deterred by any argy bargy. They will be focused on hurting GWS by winning the contested ball and making them pay that way.

Plus, on the scoreboard of course.

They will most certainly come hard and go the knuckle for sure.

Mummy is gonna try to put some hurt on the Tigers on Saturday bookmark it.

Probably Mumford's last game too..........and he doesn't seem like the type who would care much if a Premiership meadallion came with lifetime future ban..... That said.....our own two rucks are big enough to look after themselves. Would be nice to see a few Townshend guided missile like "tackles" directed at Greene or Cameron but can't see them selecting him.

They will most certainly come hard and go the knuckle for sure.

Mummy is gonna try to put some hurt on the Tigers on Saturday bookmark it.

I reckon he retires guys so expect the Mummy of old to play.
He can’t jump so he will hurt.

I’ve bookmarked it too Craig!

Towner wont get selected. Love him but is not in our best 24-26 players. I suspect maybe desisted (was rookie listed at the end of 2018) and if not picked up anywhere else I hope he follows Morris and stays at Richmond in our VFL team.
Got a feeling Stevie Morris is not far from retiring. Would be more than happy for Towner to take over the Captaincy of our VFL side if we're not going to keep him on the senior list.

Reactions: 1 users
Towner should be talking to Gold Coast. Exactly what they need.

Towner had his purple patch in the back end of 2017 after a strong VFL season but just hasn't the all round game to go with his hardness for the current campaign. Whatever else he will be remembered as a guy with three goals in a GF, a brutal tackle that knocked all confidence out of the Crows and got a treasured Premier medal as a reward. Couple that with his Liston medal and a VFL premier medal he has had more success than most professional rules players only dream about.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users