James Trezise | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

James Trezise

No. That was Coulthard.
And we’re still desperate for talls.
But carry on
It was both of them, and I am still waiting to see them champion tall we should of picked. Not carrying on at all, just stating facts mate.

It was both of them, and I am still waiting to see them champion tall we should have picked. Not carrying on at all, just stating facts mate.
What you’re actually doing is potting people for having an opinion.
Congratulations. You were one of the smart ones who didn’t want to select a tall

What you’re actually doing is potting people for having an opinion.
Congratulations. You were one of the smart ones who didn’t want to select a tall
I was more than happy to select a tall if they were deemed good enough to make improvements to the team. Sometimes people should trust the club and the professionals they employ as let’s be honest they have a hell of a lot more data to work from than us keyboard experts. Some opinions are well informed and some aren’t.

Reactions: 2 users
I thought JT did very well.
Dunno about the midfielder calls, instead he was good with the game in front of him.
Good pick

Reactions: 1 users
He reminded me of the junkyard dog Dean Laidley, when he was a footballer of course.

He reminded me of the junkyard dog Dean Laidley, when he was a footballer of course.
Getting a Dean Laidley from the mid season lucky dip would be quite something. But I agree, he does have that look about him.

Reactions: 1 user
Tell that to North Melb when they picked up Nick Larkey at pick 76.
You may just get lucky if you try
Yes. What number to Riccardi get taken at by the giants? Some of these state league forwards are worth a look.

The giants have a highly talented underperformer at his 3rd club and an ex vfl player as their key forwards. Collingwood have an ex vfl player as their main key forward. Ben Brown played in premiership and nearly won a Coleman at north.

We have to get a least 2 key forwards in this draft and trade period.

Reactions: 4 users
Wasn’t Laidley one of those players Pagan took a punt on and got right, as he often seemed to do?
Sort of but Laidley had already played 52 games over 6 seasons with WCE before he went to North

A good debut by JT, he looked comfortable at the level. On that performance you'd think he would be able to go on with it next season.

He may or may not make it.

But Trezise was fantastic use of our VFL program and the mid-season draft. Exactly what both should be used for.

Why didn't understand the melts picking him received on here (and our mid-season draft in general).

Get a guy into our club that (for many various reasons) missed the normal pathways, (only played 10 games across 2020 and 2021) but then showed talent (made the West Gippsland rep team).

Get him doing a pre-season with the VFL squad, then onto the VFL list, then VFL footy, do well under our eyes, then get him onto the AFL list on the cheap draft wise.

All whilst improving every week. Credit to our scouting and Steve Morris to utilise that system for the AFL teams benefit.

On Trezise himself, he has some serious attributes.

Reads the flight, massive leap, keeps his feet, good step, covers the ground and tackles for keeps. Remember he only played backline for the first time in his life from mid year. Always, forward, mid or even ruck for Tooradin Dalmore and our VFL team.

Huge upward curve that isn't slowing for a long while.

Said this before, but Gibcus aside, sits bang alongside (or better) than any of our 2021 crop as a prospect ILHO.

Last edited:
Reactions: 14 users

But Trezise was fantastic use of our VFL program and the mid-season draft. Exactly what both should be used for.

Why didn't understand the melts picking him received on here (and our mid-season draft in general).

Get a guy into our club that (for many various reasons) missed the normal pathways, (only played 10 games across 2020 and 2021) but then showed talent (made the West Gippsland rep team).

Get him doing a pre-season with the VFL squad, then onto the VFL list, then VFL footy, do well under our eyes, then get him onto the AFL list on the cheap draft wise.

All whilst improving every week. Credit to our scouting and Steve Morris to utilise that system for the AFL teams benefit.

Reads the flight, massive leap, keeps his feet, good step, covers the ground and tackles for keeps. Remember he only played backline for the first time in his life from mid year. Always, forward, mid or even ruck for Tooradin Dalmore and our VFL team.

Said this before, but Gibcus aside, sits bang alongside (or better) than any of our 2021 crop as a prospect ILHO.

Our academy zone may appear barren of talent, but the pathway from our VFL team is very strong. In the last few years we have seen Sam Durham, Massimo D'Ambrosio, Tylar Young and James Tresize come onto AFL lists, all very similar in terms of age bracket and massive upside. I can see a few more of this type playing for our VFL team that may be looked at over the coming years, we are definitely trying to use this draft source where we can.

Our academy zone may appear barren of talent, but the pathway from our VFL team is very strong. In the last few years we have seen Sam Durham, Massimo D'Ambrosio, Tylar Young and James Tresize come onto AFL lists, all very similar in terms of age bracket and massive upside. I can see a few more of this type playing for our VFL team that may be looked at over the coming years, we are definitely trying to use this draft source where we can.
Just need to keep Dodoro off our patch.

And Garret McDonough.

This is my list of RFC VFL to AFL

Albeit, the likes of Oliver & Dunkley were 23rd & only played a couple

Tyrone DownieGCS
Kayle KirbyCollingwood
Josh DunkleyWestern Bulldogs
Dan HoweHawthorn
Clayton OliverMelbourne
Sam DurhamEssendon
Jake AartsRFC
Anthony ScottWestern Bulldogs
Karl WornerFreo
Garrett McDonoughEssendon
Jake SoligoAdelaide
Massimo D’ambrosioEssendon
Tylar YoungRichmond
Nathan DrummondRichmond
James TreziseRichmond

Tyler Young another who followed a similar path and looks to have a future.

The exciting thing is that he hasn't ever have done an AFL preseason. Add an increased fitness base along with natural improvement, and we might have a serious player.

Huge upside.

Last edited: