James Trezise | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

James Trezise

They said he plays like Tom Stewart.....or is it he looks like Tom Stewart with that head band?

Another long hair dude. Competition with Hugo.
Yeah except one looks like Tarzan but plays like Jane. The other one we just recruited.

Really like this selection.

Being strong in the air and good at tackling in a local and VFL first year environment is a great start. Now stepping into an élite environment with significant extra work on both of these strengths I see that we will have a roaming half forward for the future.

It wasn't a surprise he got selected
I heard last month they were happy with the way he plays.
At least he won't kick the winner against us

Reactions: 1 users
Surprised he was still available at our pick.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
I really like his progress throughout this year. Tackles, marks and good running capacity. May you continue your climb and dominate in the future.

His fast rise is very intriguing. I’m a big fan of players that come in, adapt quickly and show rapid improvement as it tends to indicate a high ceiling. Great size for a modern footballer too.

Wouldn’t be surprised to see him debut before seasons end.

Really like this selection.

Being strong in the air and good at tackling in a local and VFL first year environment is a great start. Now stepping into an élite environment with significant extra work on both of these strengths I see that we will have a roaming half forward for the future.
Trezise was recruited as a forward and that is where he played his first few VFL games but wasn't getting much of the ball and added to the fact that we needed someone behind the ball with Brown, Mutaz El Nour injured, Young promoted and Biggie injured and needed in the ruck. he was moved back. Fortunately or unfortunately back is where he has flourished at present but with the hope he could fill multiple needs if he can make the grade.

Reactions: 4 users
Another rebounding defender. Are any of them going to make it? Sooner or later we will find one that will hopefully.

Exactly what I thought. We have so many back flankers, we should set up a thirds team.

Reactions: 1 user
i have only seen the vfl on tv this year which is not ideal to form a view, but Tresize really stood out to me.

Seems to win a lot of contests, and a great mark for his size. Reads the play really well.

I figured he had been overlooked at junior level because of a lack of athleticisim. ie a good vfl footballer that wouldnt transition to afl level.

I have high hopes. Good luck

In all honesty he’s stood out more in the vfl games I’ve watched this year than the superhunks.

Didn’t realise he was coming off such a low base, which only lends more weight to the impact he’s having.

If he can follow Young’s trajectory, we’ll be laughing.

Reactions: 4 users
Welcome James, great to see a player drafted from our VFL system.

Wonder if it was a bit awkward for the other draft hopefuls training with him last night who didn't get a chance, Teal & El Nour.

or is it he looks like Tom Stewart with that head band?
this TF... a visual reference point that makes people think into the beyond...

which can be a beautiful thing... but let's hope he doesn't clean people up like Stewart

• Haha
Just spoke with a mate who plays down at Tooradin this year and only played the one game with JT this year, before we grabbed him for our VFL team...but spoke glowing of his short time there with him.

Say's JT can definitely play, and was told by the other players he was always a smallish (height wise) jnr player (at berwick), who has had a huge growth spurt over the last 3 years, so has good midfielder/forward skills and is still growing into his body.

I have high hopes for this kid...could be one of those "Covid" smokies we always hear maybe out there after missing a few years of development football.

Reactions: 6 users
Surprised he was still available at our pick.
I couldn't believe it either.
The club is wrapped he lasted till our pick.
We were all expecting him to be picked up early.
We feel like we got a 1st rounder in the 2nd round.;)

Just watching the vid on the RFC website, I didn't realise that there was such a time delay between the picks and the actual broadcast.

Trezise called his mum to tell her the news expecting that she already knew, but during that time the broadcast was only at pick 4 and she was shattered because we had picked up Coulthard and she didn't know that we had a second pick.

These videos are always good.

How's his mum!! "We saw they picked someone called Coulthard and we lost our minds" :rotfl2

Is his mum Zips? :rotfl2

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 7 users
Just spoke with a mate who plays down at Tooradin this year and only played the one game with JT this year, before we grabbed him for our VFL team...but spoke glowing of his short time there with him.

Say's JT can definitely play, and was told by the other players he was always a smallish (height wise) jnr player (at berwick), who has had a huge growth spurt over the last 3 years, so has good midfielder/forward skills and is still growing into his body.

I have high hopes for this kid...could be one of those "Covid" smokies we always hear maybe out there after missing a few years of development football.
He's a Berwick boy? Say no more!