Joel Bowden farewell [Merged] | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Joel Bowden farewell [Merged]

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
It's been confirmed this weekend against the arch enemy will be Bowdo's farewell game.

I have always admired him as both a player and a person.

He had more talent in his little finger than most of the duds had on our list for years and whilst some critics will no doubt disagree, probably would have become a star at a better run club than ours over the course of his career.
Unfortunately he's been in slight decline over the past couple of seasons and whilst still contributing, he's slowed down & the time is right to call it a day.

I wish him well in life after football and have no doubt he'll make a fine fist of whatever he chooses.

Thanks Joel and good luck. :emblem

Reactions: 1 user

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
Re: Joel Bowden farewell

Tigers of Old said:
It's been confirmed this weekend against the arch enemy will be Bowdo's last game.

I have always admired him as both a player and a person.

He had more talent in his little finger than most of the duds had on our list for years and whilst some critics will no doubt disagree, probably would have become a star at a better run club than ours over the course of his career.
Unfortunately he's been in slight decline over the past couple of seasons and whilst still contributing, he's slowed down & the time is right to call it a day.

I wish him well in life after football and have no doubt he'll make a fine fist of whatever he chooses.

Thanks Joel and good luck. :emblem

Yep - an absolute ripper.

yellow_and_black

Dare To Dream
Jun 5, 2005

I hope the Bowden Baggers are satisfied :(

Thanks for everything Joel, you were class act both on and off the field .. cheers mate :beer

Inspector

Follow me!!
Sep 22, 2004
Mornington

DirtyDogTiger said:
Matty Rogers played well in his last game and should have kept his spot. Didn't happen.

Didn't he finish on 190 odd games only needed a couple for his 200 thought that was bad at the time!!

Barnzy

What about me?
Mar 6, 2009

theglove3 said:
Not so sure about that Jimmy. He'd be contracted till end Sept or Oct? Aren't most players contracted till around this time? By the time his contract runs out the new coach will already be in.
Has a chat with him, wants him to stay. Couldn't that happen?
(As long as Bowds doesn't pig out on Pies and Beer after this Friday night! :hihi)

So you think he's going to retire this week and get a send off then come back and play next year? This is it, it's all over it.

davidrodan

Cursed?
Oct 25, 2005

Maybe the AFLPA awaits?

Heard there was an opening recently

Congrats on a great career Joel

theglove3

Tiger Champion
Jun 3, 2003

Barnzy said:
So you think he's going to retire this week and get a send off then come back and play next year? This is it, it's all over it.
I don't know Barnzy, prob not. Was thinking more along the lines of it's obvious The Blade doesn't want him but if he doesn't get the job, whoever gets it may want Joel!

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004

:clap Sad to see Mr Fix it go. Great service to the club. Well done Bowden hope he has a great game.

TheBigDog

The Champ is here!!
Nov 8, 2004
Melbourne

I hope his team mates put some heart and soul into their performance, and send Joel out with a win over the filthy wobblers

KnightersRevenge

Baby Knighters is 7!! WTF??
Aug 21, 2007
Ireland

TheBigDog said:
I hope his team mates put some heart and soul into their performance, and send Joel out with a win over the filthy wobblers
That would go against the trend. :(

ROLLS ROYCE

once a tiger, always a tiger
Oct 6, 2007
mackay, qld

For me this is the grand final we never get.

I despise the Pies, eddie and malthouse and admire the way Joel has handled himself so after not giving a toss for most of the season I can feel myself getting pumped up for this one.

Realise I am probably going to be kicking the dog and throwing things at the tv by halftime but there is a long off season around the corner for me to forget.

rickyvaughn99

Tiger Rookie
Nov 4, 2007
Melbourne

Congratulations Joel on a wonderful career. I do apologise that you have had endure some of the rubbish thrown your way. In my eyes you will be remembered as someone that gave their all week in and week out for the jumper, you did the jobs that you were asked to do, you represented the club with honour and passion and you have been a class act on and off the field for the whole journey.

Well done on a great career!

creek 1174

Tiger Cub
May 11, 2007

A true tiger man. thanks for all your efforts joel! Alot of good memories of your career. good luck