Joel Bowden farewell [Merged] | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Joel Bowden farewell [Merged]

Boyanich

Tiger Matchwinner
Jan 13, 2004
Regional Victoria
Re: Joel Bowden Press Conference today!

theglove3 said:
It's official.
Joel is hanging up boots.
Press Conference for 3pm today.

Thanks for the memories, Joel. :clap
A true Tiger servant!

Then it's not official....
not until 3pm anyway.

IrockZ

Tiger Champion
Jul 18, 2007

Tiger74 said:
everyone loved Richo, I liked them more because I thought their contribution was often undervalued

Bowden and Gaspar were your 2 favourites? :-[

I'm not going to say sad to see him go because I'm not but well done to Joel on a very good career.

skybeau

Tiger Champion
Mar 19, 2006
Yarragon

Sad face.

I'll miss ya Joel. All the best for your future life endeavours.

meltiger

Bling!
Jul 19, 2004
Altona

Did Joel have the presser? Nothing on the club site or the HUN site?

Phantom said:
Well done Joel.

Great to see that both you and Kane have set leading examples to the other twilighters re the team thing.

:clap

Barnzy said:
Enter Richo.

*Sigh*

Just being "Old" doesn't mean they have to retire.

Barnzy, why don't you get out the voodoo doll and go to work again on an uninjured part of Richo's body, so you can get to work celebrating the man being injured all over again.

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004

Fine player. Underrated. Great servant of the club.

mopsy fraser

EAT 'EM ALIVE!
May 10, 2006
geelong

playing a farewell game against collingwood.

http://sportal.com.au/afl-news-display/bowden-to-retire-75733

Barnzy

What about me?
Mar 6, 2009

meltiger said:
Did Joel have the presser? Nothing on the club site or the HUN site?

*Sigh*

Just being "Old" doesn't mean they have to retire.

Barnzy, why don't you get out the voodoo doll and go to work again on an uninjured part of Richo's body, so you can get to work celebrating the man being injured all over again.

What are you talking about?

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004

Dyer'ere said:
Fine player. Underrated. Great servant of the club.

Yep. One of the most underated, misunderstood, intelligent footballers of this generation. Bit many of the monster key forwards despite giving up height and weight.

Richmond Best and Fairest 2004, 2005, All Aust 2005,2006 and the complete modern footballer who could play in any spot on the ground.

Will have a bigger impact off the ground and will make a motza in the coporate world.

IrockZ

Tiger Champion
Jul 18, 2007

SCOOP said:
Yep. One of the most underated, misunderstood, intelligent footballers of this generation. Bit many of the monster key forwards despite giving up height and weight.

Richmond Best and Fairest 2004, 2005, All Aust 2005,2006 and the complete modern footballer who could play in any spot on the ground.

Will have a bigger impact off the ground and will make a motza in the coporate world.

He struggled up forward and in the middle and didnt become the player he is until he went down back.

I think he could of been even better than he was.

Ty Esler

"Mark Maclure can get stuffed"
May 10, 2005

Well done Joel, a fine and classy performer on and off the field for a long time. He has a lot to offer the game

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach

Well done, Joel. Thanks for the memories and good luck in your future endeavors.

kb7882

Tiger Champion
Jul 10, 2003
Lilydale

Have done my share of "Joeline" bashing over the years, and more than once the immortal words "GET OFF AND STAY OFF" have escaped my lips. Mind you, he's not the only player I've said that to :p

However, he has been a great stalwart of the club through testing times, often playing on bigger opponents.

Congratulations Joel, sorry I can't be there on Saturday :clap

mb64

Tiger Legend
Jul 26, 2004
Melbourne

Ghost of Punt Road said:
I still don't understand why this wasn't left to the new coach to decide. I think Joel still has a lot to offer.
Spot on ghost

meltiger

Bling!
Jul 19, 2004
Altona

SCOOP said:

Excellent post Scooper. Though as I've been saying all week, I really hope Joel continues the excellent work he does with young indigenous kids.

I feel he could make a real difference to many lives if he went down that path.

Barnzy

What about me?
Mar 6, 2009

meltiger said:
I've responded to you on BF

Your work on the Coburg thread that day was particularly disgusting.

Please enlighten me.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com

Ghost of Punt Road said:
I still don't understand why this wasn't left to the new coach to decide. I think Joel still has a lot to offer.

No he doesn't. He'd slowed down considerably this season at the elite level.
Some stay one season too long. The time is right to go out.

ILuvLids

Tiger Superstar
Sep 7, 2006

One of the most intelligent footballers of this club and of the AFL. He has had a wonderful career winning back to back jack dyer medals and making the all Australian team. It is a sad day for the club who will say goodbye to one of it's most beloved servants. I will miss you Joel! Good Luck in your future endeavours! :clap :clap