Joel Bowden farewell [Merged] | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Joel Bowden farewell [Merged]

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Re: Joel Bowden farewell

A lot of respect for Joel not least for the way he conducted himself when he was dropped last year. He was the scapegoat but instead of moaning, he put his head down and delivered week after week in the Burgs until he forced his way back. Then won a couple of games for us. The EFC point routine and then the goal against Brisbane. I still think if he had player against the Dogs and Saints last year we may have made the 8.

Thanks for everything Joel. A true gentleman and club man. Hopefully you'll be a Tiger for life and involved with us in some way when we win our next flag.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004

Good luck toJB. What's the odds he'll be in our best players on Sat?

Barnzy

What about me?
Mar 6, 2009

Kind of a bad week for his retirement even though they want it near his testimonial. Collingwood on top of their game and even if we play out of our skins, I can't see us coming within 40 points of the scum. Will be sad to see Joel go though, been a great servant.

GR

That's Mr. Richmond to you son!
Nov 21, 2004

This would be well worth attending http://www.richmondfc.com.au/events/tabid/14539/default.aspx

Great guy, from an outstanding family.

Well done Joel, his credentials as a footballer are nothing compared to what he will do/achieve in life after football.

Congrats...

tamtiga

Tiger Cub
Apr 8, 2007
ferntree gully

DirtyDogTiger said:
Matty Rogers played well in his last game and should have kept his spot. Didn't happen.

yes history doesn't bode well for him if he does play well...in my eyes shouldve been back in a while ago!

thanks joel for being a true tiger! :clap

theglove3

Tiger Champion
Jun 3, 2003
Joel Bowden Press Conference today!

It's official.
Joel is hanging up boots.
Press Conference for 3pm today.

Thanks for the memories, Joel. :clap
A true Tiger servant!

Phar Ace

"PRE just banned my biggest fan!"
Jun 17, 2004
Queensland
Re: Joel Bowden Press Conference today!

:clap

Great servant of the club - great player for the team!

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com

Have really enjoyed watching Bowdo play but time catches up with everyone.

Will always be a favourite Tiger.

Thanks for everything Joel.

Tiger74

In deedily doodily neighbourino!
Jul 2, 2004
Melbourne

during the years of pain, Bowden and *smile* were my two favorite players to support.

sorry to see you go Joel, and thank you for your contribution to the club.

mark davey

Tiger Superstar
Jul 8, 2004
ASPENDALE

Tiger74 said:
during the years of pain, Bowden and gaspar were my two favorite players to support.

sorry to see you go Joel, and thank you for your contribution to the club.

How about Richo?

Tiger74

In deedily doodily neighbourino!
Jul 2, 2004
Melbourne

supercoach tw said:
How about Richo?

everyone loved Richo, I liked them more because I thought their contribution was often undervalued

pahoffm

No one player is bigger than the club.
Mar 24, 2004

Well done Joel.

Great to see that both you and Kane have set leading examples to the other twilighters re the team thing.

davidrodan

Cursed?
Oct 25, 2005

Might be announcing he is the new AFLPA boss? or is it to early for that?

Well done Joel on a great career
Not sure how many games you played but it is that many more than me

Congrats :clap

Barnzy

What about me?
Mar 6, 2009

Phantom said:
Well done Joel.

Great to see that both you and Kane have set leading examples to the other twilighters re the team thing.

Enter Richo.

Total Tiger

Tiger Champion
Apr 13, 2009

Well done Joel. Classy way for a classy bloke to go out. Wish him all the best for his future.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003

Joel is a great ambassador for the RFC and also the AFL. As a loyal servant of our club I salute you and thank you for your services. Best wishes for future endevours. Sad rosy. :(

tigerdave

Ya just gotta stand in line
Feb 1, 2006

rosy23 said:
Joel is a great ambassador for the RFC and also the AFL. As a loyal servant of our club I salute you and thank you for your services. Best wishes for future endevours. Sad rosy. :(

Well said.

dimmauchamp

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2003

I have been a big Bowden Basher over the years, but have to thank him for his efforts and for standing tall on many occasions and for at least doing the right thing and hanging up the boots rather than trying to play on like others. Best memory will always be the goal against Brisbane last year. I promised i wouldn't bag him again if he slotted it. Unfortunately it only lasted 2 weeks.