Joel Bowden | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Joel Bowden

shawry

Tiger Legend
Apr 14, 2003
Adelaide, Australia
Walstar: Then I apologise. didnt realise it would affect oyu that way. I do have a habit of unintentionally rubbing people hte wrong way with supposed innocent comments.
When I said crap, i meant I disagree. Sorry for unintentionally firing you up.

Walster

I am Walstero the most beautiful man in the world
Aug 13, 2003
BA I agree that Bowden does some stupid things but I believe it is a lack of direction from the coach or lack of a game plan. Does anyone know what frawleys game plan is anyway? I think Spud saw a game of chess once and thought isnt that horse thing cool maybe we could move the ball like that. Now half the players dont know wether it is time to go 1 sideways or 2 back or is it time to go forward. BF (before frawley) Bowden was a good mark a good acurate long kick and got plenty of the ball and set up a lot of goals and got some himself. That is my whole argument. What would he be like under a good coach.

YeahNah

Attitude + Expectation = Culture
Dec 19, 2002
Upper Yarra Valley
Or maybe it's got nothing to do with the coach, maybe Bowden's a lazy dill. It's easy to blame the coach. Players are responsible for their actions. The only thing you could suggest that Frawley could have done better to stop Bowden wasting his talent is discipline him, but self discipline goes along way too. Trade him if a suitable deal can be done. I don't want to give him away though. A suitable trade must be done.

kb7882

Tiger Champion
Jul 10, 2003
Lilydale
Bowden must be got rid of at any cost.
He drags the whole team down with him.
How can a team respect & play for each other when one of them will not chase, tackle, spoil, shepherd - in other words do any team things.
He is a disgrace.
His team mates must be disgusted with him.
Trade him for a pair of shoelaces if we have to , but just do it.

gustiger12

Its Tiger Time
Jan 22, 2003
www.thaigerpics.com
Walster said:
I think Spud saw a game of chess once and thought isnt that horse thing cool maybe we could move the ball like that. Now half the players dont know wether it is time to go 1 sideways or 2 back or is it time to go forward. BF (before frawley)
]
Like the analogy there WALSTER. Maybe closer to home than we think.

Roar34

I wuv the Tiggers
Aug 10, 2003
Castlemaine
That was a good post, Pmac, footy has always been a mix of different types and different temperaments and makes for balance.

Hey, you guys, I wish I could bottle all this passion from PRE and feed it to the players, they'd be unstoppable.

Did anyone see my post about what the Carlton (spit) Supporters Club thought of the choiuce we put up to be traded. They echo so much of what has been said here.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
I totally agree with you Hartbalme. Bowden is a cancer which should nbe surgically removed from the club at any cost. He refuses to play team football (tackle, chase, shepherd etc) his turnovers are disgraceful, and the way he *smile* himself by ducking his head in the Collingwood game just typifies what sort of player he really is. A coward!

I just can't imagine how he would look Cogs in the eye.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
jESUS WEPT TEARS OF BLOOD! Where in the hell do you get off calling Lappin,Black and the big pimple outside nancy boys?????? Any club would give their left one for a threesome like that even without Vossy. Have you actually seen Brisbane play over the Last few years?

g0tigers

carn the mighty tiges
Jun 16, 2003
Victoria, Australia
Walster said:
He played quite a few running off the bench and getting a few stats and then back to the reserves.
Just like the likes of Hyde, Marty and Shultz are doing now.

If Bowdo has to go, the Spud can hold his hand on the way out.

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Dunno where to find a large J.Bowden thread so I randomly selected this one!

I'm going all Tom Browne - Tom Browne here!

My sources inform me he may or may not throw his hat into the ring to become next chief minister of the NT!

More to follow....

Reactions: 6 users

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008

My sources inform me he may or may not throw his hat into the ring to become next chief minister of the NT!

More to follow....

Joel fan here and good luck to him. He's already the Speaker (or Deputy Speaker - can't remember exactly) of their "parliament" - and was sort of on duty when interviewed for the Tigers podcast a few weeks back.

A bit of context though - the NT has less than 250,000 people.

Being the head honcho up there is a bit like being the Shire President or Mayor in a lot of places around the country.

Like to see him do it just the same.

Reactions: 6 users

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Joel fan here and good luck to him. He's already the Speaker (or Deputy Speaker - can't remember exactly) of their "parliament" - and was sort of on duty when interviewed for the Tigers podcast a few weeks back.

A bit of context though - the NT has less than 250,000 people.

Being the head honcho up there is a bit like being the Shire President or Mayor in a lot of places around the country.

Like to see him do it just the same.
I dont think that is real accurate, they might have a similar population to some LGA's but mayors arent responsible for health services, police, cant collaborate with their federal liberal colleagues to sell a port lease to China, dont control covid responses, dont have housing responsibilities etc etc.

Reactions: 1 user

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
I dont think that is real accurate, they might have a similar population to some LGA's but mayors arent responsible for health services, police, cant collaborate with their federal liberal colleagues to sell a port lease to China, dont control covid responses, dont have housing responsibilities etc etc.
Agreed. And the biggie, land management, including mineral and petroleum rights, which is the pointy end of Australian politics and economics, over 1.5 million-odd square km of land.

Reactions: 1 user

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
Joel could've been the next Gale.
Very intelligent people come out of punt Rd.

Nope, a little too arrogant to replicate Benny's feats.

Dan Jackson is the one to watch. Might be a bit early for him in Benny gets the CEO role next year but he will be a candidate. Very highly thought of by Peggy.

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
Nope, a little too arrogant to replicate Benny's feats.

Dan Jackson is the one to watch. Might be a bit early for him in Benny gets the CEO role next year but he will be a candidate. Very highly thought of by Peggy.
Red Head?? Not sure
Ginger Meggs

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights

More to follow....
Mate of mine moved up there decades ago. One govt job he had as head of a department would have had a whole building of people down south, there it was barely enough to field a team.

Joel is one of ALP majority of 14. Figure he would hold a fistful of portfolios as well as Chief.

The whole clan were in Mel last month for the Tom Hafey Club function. All very impressive post footy achievers.

Reactions: 1 users