Josh Caddy | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • If you are having trouble logging in to the forum please contact admin@puntroadend.com // When reseting your password or awaiting confirmation please check that your email is correct and also your junk/spam emails.
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Josh Caddy

toothless

Don't push me 'cos I'm close to the edge...
Aug 16, 2009
No one thinks Dimma might ‘pull another rabbit in the hat ‘?

Think both sides may go in unchanged.?

From when we last played.

Cats ins- Stanley, Ablett, Selwood, Simpson & Rohan

Tiger ins- Astbury , Broad, Edwards & Prestia. Plus we lost Soldo in that game early on. Lynch too .

Our game has changed the last 3 games. ( clearance & contested part of it).

( Kaos game vs Kontrol Game. )
So if both clubs remain unchanged which is the most likely outcome, it'll be:
Selwood, Stanley, Ablett, Rohan, Simpson (In)
Fogarty, Ratugolea, Close, Jarvis, Atkins (out)

Prestia, Astbury, Edwards, Broad (in)
Ross, Soldo, Aarts, Markov (Out)

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

K3

Tiger Champion
Oct 9, 2006
Selwood, Stanley, Ablett, Rohan, Simpson (In) Fogarty, Ratugolea, Close, Jarvis (out)

Reckon Ratugolea has to be a fair chance of playing. He was probably their only consistent marking player last time we played.

toothless

Don't push me 'cos I'm close to the edge...
Aug 16, 2009
Reckon Ratugolea has to be a fair chance of playing. He was probably their only consistent marking player last time we played.
I hope not, agree he's had a good record against us

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
What happens if it rains?
Be like having a man down all game.

Ice

Tiger Superstar
Jul 18, 2006
Selwood, Stanley, Ablett, Rohan, Simpson (In) Fogarty, Ratugolea, Close, Jarvis (out)

Bit unfair if Geelong have 5 ins and only 4 out...

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 4 users

gutfull

Tiger Superstar
Jul 6, 2013
Rohan is a front runner , cheap kicks cheap goals when the heat is on he is gone !!!!

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
melbourne, victoria
Love to fit this guy in our side.
Loves playing against his old club.
Reliable kick for goal.
Strong.
Aggressive.
Lippy’.

Especially if conditions will be slippery & wet (possibly .. )

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

Tenacious

Tiger Champion
May 19, 2008
Love to fit this guy in our side.
Loves playing against his club.
Reliable kick for goal.
Strong.
Aggressive.
Lippy’.

Especially if conditions will be slippery & wet (possibly .. )

I'd love him in the team as well but who does he replace?

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Number 11
As others have rightly pointed out, Caddy can only take the place of Castagna or Pickett. I would throw Lambert in also because I don't think he is 100% fit and not really having enough impact over his TOG. Sure he kicked two crucial goals ... because he got lucky, right place at the right time. Although full credit to him. However, he also plays a vital structural role in swapping around with Dusty. So he stays but I hate the risk of playing an injured man in a big final - see what Poort did with Burton.
Really don't think Caddy can be riskled to play Pickett's wing as his legs cannot hold up with that intense, hard and constant running.
That leaves No.11. George played possibly his most dangerous game ever in the '19 GF. Great attacking flair. And kicked 0.5 with one OOB.

I would back Caddy to have greater scoreboard impact than that. He might not run as fast, but he will still lay as many tackles, hit harder and is a stronger contested mark who holds them, not juggle and drop them. I'd consider Caddy instead of JC. Moggs' backline is not that quick but they're big and hard - suits Caddy more - to make them be looking over their shoulder. Josh can also play in rotation as an inside mid which we might need against their huge entourage.

Overall, I reckon his output could well be greater than JC.

Last edited:

MD Jazz

Tiger Legend
Feb 3, 2017
As others have rightly pointed out, Caddy can only take the place of Castagna or Pickett. I would throw Lambert in also because I don't think he is not 100% fit and not really having enough impact over his TOG. Sure he kicked two crucial goals ... because he got lucky, right place at the right time. Although full credit to him.
However, he also plays a vital structural role in swapping around with Dusty.

Its good you did qualify your statement becuase Lambert seems to have a habit of getting lucky.

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Its good you did qualify your statement becuase Lambert seems to have a habit of getting lucky.
And that's what the cocky gamblers like to believe ... until they're not any more. Bust. But it's not the main thrust of the post at all.