Kamdyn McIntosh | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Kamdyn McIntosh

I notice he didn't play in the VFL last weekend. Was he emergency for the AFL game? If so what are his chances of playing against WCE this week? Personally I think he brings much more to the team than Ellis.

I notice he didn't play in the VFL last weekend. Was he emergency for the AFL game? If so what are his chances of playing against WCE this week? Personally I think he brings much more to the team than Ellis.
Yes he was.
He's a good team player, who want let us down if gets selected again this season.

Suddenly finds him self player 26-27-28 on the list. Handy to have in the 2's.

I reckon if Kmac plays well in the VFL this weekend he could be an ideal replacement for Ellis for prelim final. He has proven finals experience and the hardness that finals demand.

Reactions: 1 users
KMac hasn't played at AFL level (by game time) in over 2 months. Just can't see it happening. Tigers made their decision on final list (subject to injury) ages ago and will continue to stick with it imo. Only question might have been Nanks fitness but he proved his worth. Stack would be a big risk with his ankle and with two big ruckmen I am not sure we can afford to be down on rotations early on in a game.

KMac hasn't played at AFL level (by game time) in over 2 months. Just can't see it happening. Tigers made their decision on final list (subject to injury) ages ago and will continue to stick with it imo. Only question might have been Nanks fitness but he proved his worth. Stack would be a big risk with his ankle and with two big ruckmen I am not sure we can afford to be down on rotations early on in a game.

I seem to remember a player, who resembled Kamdyn, kicking 3 in a Qualifying Final last year.
On what I saw on Saturday night, he would be a 100% improvement on Ellis. We also got outmarked a couple of times in the backline where his height and attack on the high ball as an extra would be valuable.
Bring him in. No risk

I seem to remember a player, who resembled Kamdyn, kicking 3 in a Qualifying Final last year.
On what I saw on Saturday night, he would be a 100% improvement on Ellis. We also got outmarked a couple of times in the backline where his height and attack on the high ball as an extra would be valuable.
Bring him in. No risk

And wonderful memories they are. Unfortunately in 17 games since he's managed just 7 goals 3 behinds and been dropped 2 months ago to play reserves as a backman whilst training up Caddy to take his place. I just can't see the Tigers making that sort of change when KMac hasn't played AFL for 2 months and has not been playing the position. KMac hasn't been playing well at VFL level so there is definite risk. I wouldn't mind seeing a change for Ellis but to me changing him for KMac doesn't make a lot of difference. KMac doesn't play tall. It's just such a pity Stack became injured. And Ross during the season. Ross could have for example opened up Cotchin or Edwards to share more outside duties.

It's strange that this thread was way back on Page 6 given KMac is one of the 3 most likely options to replace Graham in the GF..........???

I honestly can't see Dimma or the MC giving the gig to anyone else....

It is really the only logical and safe move IMO.

KMac is tried and tested and a premiership player.

Compare that to an untried (at AFL level) rookie in Marlion, or a first year player in Ross that missed 11 games with an ankle injury and is unlikely to run out a full game (let alone a high pressure Grand Final).

Put aside emotion and the romance of it all.....and does anyone actually believe it won't be KMac in this weekend?

Put aside emotion and the romance of it all.....and does anyone actually believe it won't be KMac in this weekend?

Me. I see Jack Ross as the safest and obvious replacement for Graham. I'd be surprised if its anyone else.

Me. I see Jack Ross as the safest and obvious replacement for Graham. I'd be surprised if its anyone else.
....and if this was a regular season game then I would agree with you.

But this is a GRAND FINAL.

If history is any guide, there is no way Dimma and the MC are going to roll the dice on a first year player in the most important game of the year.

I just can't see it happening.