Kamdyn McIntosh | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Kamdyn McIntosh

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Maybe they are looking to play him as an extra defender against the Weagles to counter their raft of goal kickers.

Who knows ... just on the Coasters forwards , geez they've got plenty of avenues to goal, really got to beat them down in the middle and apply our full pressure to them.

Dave - Darling

Grimes - Kennedy

Vlastuin - Ryan

Broad - Allen

Rioli - Houli

Cameron - Stackie

Petrucelle - Baker

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
No way Dave plays on darling and grimes on Kennedy. Don’t like Houli on Rioli either.

It is a very dangerous forward line.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Maybe they are looking to play him as an extra defender against the Weagles to counter their raft of goal kickers.

Who knows ... just on the Coasters forwards , geez they've got plenty of avenues to goal, really got to beat them down in the middle and apply our full pressure to them.

Dave - Darling

Grimes - Kennedy

Vlastuin - Ryan

Broad - Allen

Rioli - Houli

Cameron - Stackie

Petrucelle - Baker

Can't see both Stack and Baker playing backline at the same time. You only have 6 forwards so maybe someone like Edwards gives a chop out in the backline when other small backs are resting. I'm presuming Short had been dropped based on your assignments.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
I reckon they are trying to turn McIntosh into the Broad back up.

Our manic slice and dice quick handball game doesn't suit his style on a wing. Need quick thinking types once the ball is released from half back.

If he doesn't get in this week for Ellis, I'm convinced it's backline or bust.

Reactions: 1 user

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Or they are trying to improve his defensive accountability

Kmac has been told he wont play seniors until he can state which clubs jeremy cameron, jack darling and tom hawkins play for. Until he gets 2 out 3 right, he wont be considered. He is allowed to use his phone when he sits the test, so i do expect we'll see him in the next few weeks.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Remains on the outer. Interesting.
Reckon they're grooming him as a defender for if one of Broad , Vlastuin or Grimes gets injured. We don't have a logical replacement otherwise.

BillyJean17

Tiger Champion
Jul 27, 2009
melbourne

Our manic slice and dice quick handball game doesn't suit his style on a wing. Need quick thinking types once the ball is released from half back.

Good point we have back ups in place everywhere , macca skillset should suit the broady role well

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017

Think this is right. Named at back pocket again in VFL. Would need Ellis or Short to play another poor one to get back in on a wing. Even though I've never been his biggest fan I would prefer Kmac to either of those two. Dimma knows what he can do on a wing so think you are right in him being cover for the medium defenders. Although you'd think Garth would get a go as a Broad replacement before Kmac?

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Broad is not being dropped for McIntosh to play his role.

K Mac is being groomed to cover for Tigga or Broad if they get injured or suspended.

Garth is cover for Grimes and Dave,

Ideally Grover is not required to play this role.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Caddy appeared to play Kmacs role last night, I’m still in the camp of Kmac in his defensive wing and play Caddy forward , like Caddy one out in the square and also let him push up the ground as a high forward .

Reactions: 2 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
We need flappers back.
He can play a negating role on Yeo
He can play a negating role on Cripps
He can play a negating role on Neale or Lappin.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
We need flappers back.
He can play a negating role on Yeo
He can play a negating role on Cripps
He can play a negating role on Neale or Lappin.

We don't play negating roles in general. And I'm not sure that's something KMac excels at anyway. We play to win the second contested ball (often giving up the 1st) and do it better than anyone. Here's an interesting stat. This year we have averaged 487metres gain in forward handballs per game. Next best in the competition is Melbourne with 226metres. There is our immense advantage right there. Quick forward ball movement with hands opens up the opposition.

Reactions: 1 users