Kamdyn McIntosh | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Kamdyn McIntosh

People forget or refuse to acknowledge that Kamdyn was in good form at the business end of last season. In fact he was stiff, he and Ross were pulled out of the VFL GF as they were in the frame for the AFL GF. Unfortunately this just opened the door for others, enter stage left, Marlion plays a good game, gets his fairytale at the expense of Kmac.

Despite off-season media speculation that he could seek a trade away from Richmond due to his failure to play finals football, McIntosh remained with the club through the trade period and into the 2020 pre-season without any trade being seriously explored .

I am always amazed that there was speculation that he was leaving just because he missed the GF team.
Doesnt strike me as that sort of bloke.
Was he shafted? No just stiff to not work his way back in.

Maybe its because I got dropped enough times?
I just never thought he was going to walk because of it.

Media making up stories who dont know the peoole

Reactions: 2 users
Congrats to Kmac on game 100. I've been a fan of his mainly due to my tendency to support the underdog, warts and all, and so I think its been an outstanding effort by him to reclaim his spot after losing it last year.

Stuck around when he could have taken the easy option and gone elsewhere for a game, and that has got to be commended. Well done Kmac!
Can Never query his commitment. This might be a back handed compliment but he has played some very important halves.... either making a contribution that sets us up or fighting hard to keep us in a game.

Kam is working on

the Shove 'O Max tm

while he's in the hub.

Hes designing and building this unique piece of gym equipment. Its like a bench press on its side, hinged off the floor, with a big shoving plate.

In 5 years time, Kam will be rich, a triple premiership wingman, and there won't be a single garage sale in Australia without a Shove 'O Max

• Haha
Reactions: 10 users
His effort on the wing in the 3rd qtr (I think) to beat 3 opponents was incredible.

His 2nd and 3rd efforts were really noticeable at the ground. Only just got home from ground and haven’t looked at stats but thought he did a few really important things today defensively.

As a critic I was impressed by his contested work today.

That desperate passage on the wing by Kam is one of the best I’ve even seen by a Tiger player. Had me on my feet. Just superb :clap

This play from Kamdyn back in 2018 VS St Kilda is my favourite moment of his. One of, if not the greatest individual pressure and effort play I’ve seen.

Unfortunately, can’t find a video of it anywhere.

Congrats on the 100th, Kamdyn.

Reactions: 1 user
Kam is working on

the Shove 'O Max tm

while he's in the hub.

Hes designing and building this unique piece of gym equipment. Its like a bench press on its side, hinged off the floor, with a big shoving plate.

In 5 years time, Kam will be rich, a triple premiership wingman, and there won't be a single garage sale in Australia without a Shove 'O Max

He's waiting for the welder to arrive so he can finish the prototype.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Kam is working on

the Shove 'O Max tm

while he's in the hub.

After seeing Bake’s improvised gym equipment in his shed back home, reckon he an Kam could come up with a cracker based on a crush tipper.
The beauty of this partnership is the fun they would have testing the prototype on each other.
They’d be bug eyed with excitement.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 7 users
I still remember his first game. Rd 1 2015. Made Judd look 2nd rate and in my opinion was best on, got a Rising Star nomination for it, too.

• Love
100 games to Macca this weekend but the thing I remember best about him was galloping away from Judd in his first game in 2015 that CTT mentioned. We tend to forget that he didn't play a game in his first 2 seasons and didn't look like it really but seemed to blossom over that 3rd pre season.

Heart and soul player who every supporter loves because we know we get maximum effort from him every time he runs out in the yellow and black.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
A well earned 100 for KMac. Classic squad player who makes up for skill deficiencies with 100% effort and commitment. But in saying that, it's very rare to ever see him lose a 1 on 1 competition on the field.

Has flown under the radar a bit, but I reckon he’s been super important on the wing for us. Big body, big tank and hurts opponents physically. Underrated influence this year.

1597989148877.jpeg

Reactions: 6 users
I still remember his first game. Rd 1 2015. Made Judd look 2nd rate and in my opinion was best on, got a Rising Star nomination for it, too.

Pretty sure he broke Daisy Thomas ' collar bone in that game with a tough tackle too.

Congrats on game 100 Kam!

He's certainly been able to silence his critics this year and is playing much more consistent football.

Pretty sure he broke Daisy Thomas ' collar bone in that game with a tough tackle too.

Congrats on game 100 Kam!

He's certainly been able to silence his critics this year and is playing much more consistent football.
Pitty his hair has only played this year, yeah yeah!

• Haha
Yep, certainly playing well this year.

But also that vital role of blocking space. How many times do you see the opposition trying to clear from defence, look up the ground and see their options restricted by the likes of McIntosh? Not so much now we can only see it on TV, but at the ground you see his running and how it reduces the options for the opposition.

DS

Reactions: 3 users
Kmac is a bread and butter footballer of the highest order and congrats to him on 100 games

Well done Macca - still remember and love his debut game against the blues in a Rd 1 blockbuster- and made some clown called Judd look like a clown.

Few players could survive KMac's epic accumulation of goof-ups and mishaps into an eighth season at the highest level. He falls out of favour from time to time and the coach keeps returning to the well because he knows he'll get the whole 100% every time. He's bumbling and he's brutal, and surprisingly effective. I just can't picture KMac in another jumper - he's unique, and uniquely Richmond. An icon!

Reactions: 9 users
One of the first picked in my team every week macca....would be a nightmare opponent with size, speed , heart & under rated kick...grigg's condescending weekly ridicule only clarified in my mind who i would prefer playing alongside...polar opposites.